Climate chart Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park - 868-1197 m / 2848-3927 ft
* Averages based on 50 years of monthly climate data, taken from 1km2 (0.39mi2) interpolated climate surfaces.
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
The winter season continues through without any rain. The nights tend to be very cold and frost is common. Daytime is pleasant.
- May - Winter clothing is absolutely needed for early morning. The summer season comes to a close with typical temperatures of 6°C/43°F in the morning and 25°C/77°F in the afternoon.
- June, July & August - Again, winter clothing is needed for almost any activity scheduled for mornings when it commonly drops below freezing (average temp of 2°C/35°F ). Afternoons will be mild with clear skies, and temperatures of around 23°C/74°F.
- September - Temperatures increase to an average of 29°C/84°F in the afternoon . Mornings are still cold, but more tolerable at an average of 7°C/44°F.
Low humidity (although it’s the wet season) and high temperatures are characteristic of the summer season. Typical daytime temperatures range from a steady 35°C/95°F to a peak of 45°C/113°F or more. Occasional rain breaks the heat and usually comes in the form of dramatic storms, often followed by dust storms.
- October & November - The first rains cleanse the haze from the sky. Rainfall is still low and usually only occurs in the afternoon. Temperatures are between 12°C/53°F in the morning and 32°C/90°F in the afternoon.
- December, January & February - These are the hottest months. Temperatures average around 35°C/95°F, but peak temperatures can reach much higher. Early mornings are lovely with temperatures around 19°C/66°F. Occasional showers clear the air and damp the heat.
- March & April - With average daytime temperatures of 31°C/88°F and nights of 13°C/55°F, the summer heat begins to wane. Rains still occur occasionally but most of it has fallen by the end of April.