This Tour Is Offered by Jewel of Africa Safaris
Jewel of Africa Safaris
- Office In:
- 5-10 employees (Founded in 2002)
- Tour Types:
- Custom luxury tours that can start every day
With more than two-decades of experience, Jewel of Africa Safaris is rated as one of the top safari tour operators in Southern Africa. We are masters at creating your ideal luxury African holiday. Jewel of Africa Safaris has been conducting group and private African tours since 2004. We are a professional tour operator company specializing in safaris in South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe & Mozambique. We offer personalized and dedicated service to every individual client, with the focus on tailor-made itineraries meeting your exact needs, requirements and budget.
Jewel of Africa safaris provide great opportunities for spiritual renewal, cultural enrichment & fun
This was our 4th. safari with Jewel of Africa, a customized 10-day tour of the Okavango Delta, Victoria Falls, Zambia's Elephant camp and of course Kruger Park. Accommodations and service were first class, our guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining. Every day was a new adventure, and an opportunity for incredible photographs. Wherever we went, we were welcomed by an African smile, and always felt safe.
Great First-Time in Africa
My husband and I wanted a safari trip with a visit to Victoria Falls as an add-on. Kobus at Jewel of Africa helped us planned a ten day trip that included staying 4 different lodges in South Africa and Zimbabwe. This offered us a diverse range of experience. The accommodations and game drives were all very good. We had an amazing time in Africa and saw all of the Big 5 thanks to Jewel of Africa.
I am giving them a 4-star because I think communication could have been handled better.
1) Email communication at times was delayed and many follow up emails were required.
2) Our package included a lion walk and a hippo feeding, when we got to both places, both tried to collect money from us because they claimed they hadn't received prepayment for our visits. Even though the payment issue was resolved eventually, it was still very awkward for us to be a part of.
3) Our return flight was supposed to depart from Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. When the final airline ticket was issued, it had changed to depart from Livingstone in Zambia. We were not advised of this change beforehand. This was not only inconvenient, it also made it so that we had to pay extra Visa fee to enter Zambia.
All in all, Jewel of Africa delivered on the itinerary they planned for us. The lodges they chose and the activities they included were really good. I obtained quotes from 8-10 different companies before deciding on Jewel of Africa. This is a legitimate business that offers good value for your budget.
Simply the best!
Our first trip to Africa, with the kids in 2014 was full of wonders. Luckily we had a great guide, Kobus. He knows all the stories, also some fun anecdotes and is very entertaining. Since he is a ranger too, we got to know all about the wildlife on our trip to Kruger where he managed to show us a large variety of animals.
As Kobus says:"you may leave Africa, but Africa never leaves you", so we started dreaming about going back the minute we got home. This time we were a bit more demanding and had a customized trip made for us. South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, .... all in a 16 day trip. The organization was impeccable, the guide (again) super, the trip a journey never to forget.
Kobus has become a dear friend and we hope to be back with him soon!
a brilliant jewel of africa
Jewel of Africa safaris: a jewel in the crown of south-africa!
great program, fantastic safaris, awesome sightseeing, all adapted to our own needs.
"springbokkie", a drink with mint and amuralla however, - only tastes good in Africa :)
Best trip ever - totally awesome
I found Jewel of Africa Safaris on the SafariBookings.com site. Neil de Jonge responded quickly and clearly to all of my questions. We booked a 4-day trip that included a guided safari of the Kruger National Park and the Panorama Route, staying at Cheetah Paw Eco Lodge.
Our trip was last month. Andrew picked us up at the airport and showed us an awesome time. We were fortunate enough to see 4 ½ of the Big 5 at Kruger. The leopard was in the ravine behind the bush. We also saw a honey bagger, which our guide told us, is a rare sight. Andrew made excellent recommendations for food and made us feel like family friends. He also recommended the Lion Walk – just amazing. Because we had such a great time, we planning on going back and bringing family/friends with us.
- This tour is offered by Jewel of Africa Safaris, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Jewel of Africa Safaris.