This adventurous trip takes us from the unforgiving Danakil Depression, one of the lowest, hottest places on earth, to the mountains of Tigray. A journey of contrasts, the trip starts with a visit to Bati and its renowned market, a cultural crossroads between the Oromo, Amhara and Afar nomads. From here we drop down into the Danakil Depression. Exploring the Danakil takes us to the shores of Lake Afrera, the alien landscapes of Dallol, and a trek to the top of the active volcano - Erta Ale.
This budget tour includes camping and hotels.
This tour will be run exclusively for you and won't be shared with others.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
Not for solo travelers
Solo travelers cannot book this private tour.
Minimum age of 12 years
The minimum age for this tour is 12 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Jupiter International Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near AddisBreakfast Included
2Planet Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near MekeleBreakfast Included
3Budget camping In or near Danakil DepressionAll Meals Included
4Budget camping In or near the parkBreakfast Included
5Budget camping In or near MekeleAll Meals Included
6End of tour (No accommodation)All Meals Included
- This tour is offered by Safarihub, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Safarihub.