Climb one of the most active volcanoes in the world! Mt. Nyiragongo (3470 m) you will be one of the few people to admire this spectacle and see the world largest Lava lake. The tour starts in Rwanda with a relaxing day in Gisenyi on the shores of Lake Kivu. Matoke tours can arrange the DR Congo visa for you at an additional cost to make it a hassle free experience. You will sleep over on the crater rim of the Volcano with meals prepared by your personal cook.
This budget tour uses mountain huts and hotels.
This tour will be run exclusively for you. Transfers and game drives at private camps will be shared.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 12 years
The minimum age for this tour is 12 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Paradise Malahide Mid-range hotel in or near Rubavu (Rwanda)Meals at Own Expense
2Nyiragongo Summit Shelter Budget mountain hut in or near Mt Nyiragongo (Virunga, Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
3End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Matoke Tours, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Matoke Tours.