Matoke tours is one of the few touroperators who offers well organized and hassle free tours to DR Congo with a professional English speaking tourleader! This tour will take you to all the highlights of Eastern DR Congo. You will track the Mountain Gorilla's in Africa's oldest and most versatile national park, Virunga N.P. climb the Nyiragongo volcano to see the world's largest lava lake and at the end of the tour you will relax on the beautiful Tchegera island in Lake Kivu.
This mid-range tour uses mountain huts and tented camps.
This tour will be run exclusively for you and won't be shared with others.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 15 years
The minimum age for this tour is 15 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Flame Tree Village Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near Kigali (Rwanda)Meals at Own Expense
2-3Kibumba Tented Camp Mid-range tented camp inside Virunga (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
4Nyiragongo Summit Shelters Budget mountain hut in or near Goma (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
5Nyiragongo Summit Shelters Mid-range tented camp in or near Lake Kivu (Rwanda)All Meals Included
6End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Matoke Tours, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Matoke Tours.