Discover the beauty of the rainforest of the Umbwe route as you make your way towards the Umbwe Caves. A landscape of giant tree ferns under tropical trees home to Colobus and Blue Monkeys. A steep ascent leads to alpine desert where only the toughest of plants survive. The summit beckons – permanently iced as you reach the highest point in Africa, Uhuru peak. The Umbwe route is challenging, the shortest and the steepest! Price includes parks fees and depends on departure date/availability.
Things to Consider
Medium group tour
Can start any day
Can be customized
Min age of
- This group tour will be shared with other interested travelers.
- There will be a max of 8 passengers per vehicle on this medium group tour.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Keys Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near MoshiBreakfast Included
2-6Budget camping In or near Mt KilimanjaroAll Meals Included
7Budget camping In or near Mweka GateAll Meals Included
8End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Zambezi Safari & Travel Co Ltd, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Zambezi Safari & Travel Co Ltd.