A great pre-Kilimanjaro aclimatisation climb or pre-safari hike for the adventurous. 4 day luxury ramble to the summit of Mt Meru (4,566 m/ 14,980 ft) explores the verdant afromontane forest into high altitude alpine desert with stunning views of a dormant volcano. Less busy than Kilimanjaro, Mount Meru has excellent bird life. Extend your trip with a night in Arusha National Park. One of the most under rated hikes in East Africa... grab your boots and give it a try.
This budget tour uses mountain huts.
Medium group tour
This tour will be shared with other interested travelers. Max 8 people per group.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request changes to this tour.
Not for single travelers
Single travelers cannot join this group tour.
Minimum age of 16 years
The minimum for this tour is 16 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Miriakamba Budget mountain hut in or near Foothills of Mt MeruAll Meals Included
2Saddle Hut Budget mountain hut in or near Mt MeruAll Meals Included
3Miriakamba Budget mountain hut in or near Mt MeruAll Meals Included
4End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Zambezi Safari & Travel Co Ltd, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Zambezi Safari & Travel Co Ltd.