Start your trip with heading straight into Virunga National Park, a place of ethereal swirling mists and steamy green forests and, of course, home to the magnificent mountain gorilla. Next: hike to the top of Mount Nyiragongo, DRC’s towering volcanic massif, and set up camp on the edge of the world overlooking the fiery red lava lake. End your DRC adventure with a few days on the edge of Lake Kivu. Swim in croc-free clear waters, kayak or just be – you may just need it after all that adventure.
This mid-range tour uses lodges and tented camps.
This tour will be run exclusively for you and won't be shared with others.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 15 years
The minimum for this tour is 15 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Kigali Serena Hotel Luxury hotel in or near Kigali (Rwanda)Breakfast Included
2-3Bukima Tented Camp Mid-range tented camp inside Virunga (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
4-6Mikeno Lodge Mid-range lodge inside Virunga (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
7Nyiragongo Volcano-Summit Shelters Mid-range lodge inside Virunga (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
8-9Tchegera Island Camp Mid-range lodge inside Virunga (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
10End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Timbuktu, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Timbuktu.