This tour allows you to climb Mt. Nyiragongo and track mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park. Congo Discovery Safaris is one of the few tour operators who offers well organized and hassle-free tours to the Democratic Republic of the Congo with professional, English-speaking tour guides! You will climb the famous, active Nyiragongo volcano to see the world’s largest lava lake and track mountain gorillas in Virunga National Park.
This mid-range tour uses mountain huts and lodges.
Small group tour
This tour will be shared with other interested travelers. Max 6 people per group.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Cannot be customized
The accommodation and destinations of this tour cannot be changed.
Suitable for single travelers
Single travelers can join this group tour, but it requires a minimum of 2 people to run.
Minimum age of 15 years
The minimum for this tour is 15 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Kibumba Tented Camp Mid-range tented camp in or near Goma (Congo (DRC))Lunch & Dinner Included
2Kibumba Tented Camp Mid-range lodge outside Virunga (Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
3Virunga Shelter Budget mountain hut in or near Mt Nyiragongo (Virunga, Congo (DRC))All Meals Included
4End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Congo Discovery Safaris, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- This group tour requires a minimum of 2 people to run.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.