Mount Meru, a prominent volcano with an elevation of 4566 m, in the Arusha, north eastern Tanzania. The park is small but varied with spectacular landscapes in three distinct areas. The peak of Mount Meru lies on it's rim. Ngurdoto Crater in the south-east is grassland. The shallow alkaline Momella are known for their wading birds. Mount Meru is second highest peak in Tanzania after Mount Kilimanjaro, which is just 60 km away and forms a backdrop to views from the park to the east.
Things to Consider
Can depart any day
Can be customized
Suitable for solo travelers
Min age of
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Miriakamba Budget mountain hut inside Arusha NPAll Meals Included
2Sadle Hut Budget mountain hut inside Arusha NPAll Meals Included
3Miriakamba Hut Budget mountain hut inside Arusha NPAll Meals Included
4End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Compass Safari Tanzania, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.