It all starts with a night in the royal city of Gondar, a place of impressive castles and churches that’s cloaked in mystery and intrigue. Then, it’s off to the Simien Mountains and as you snake through the impressive highlands you’ll catch your first glimpse of the endangered gelada baboons, giant bearded eagles and elusive walia ibex. After a night in Addis, you continue on to the Bale Mountains National Park in search of the charismatic Ethiopian wolf, Menelik's bushbuck and giant mole rats.
This mid-range tour uses lodges and hotels.
This tour will be run exclusively for you and won't be shared with others.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request minor changes to the accommodation and destinations of this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 12 years
The minimum for this tour is 12 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Hilton Addis Ababa Luxury hotel in or near AddisBreakfast Included
2Gondar Landmark Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near GondarBreakfast Included
3-5Simien Lodge Mid-range lodge inside SimienAll Meals Included
6Hilton Addis Ababa Luxury hotel in or near AddisBreakfast Included
7-9Bale Mountain Lodge Luxury lodge inside Bale MountainsAll Meals Included
10End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Timbuktu, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Timbuktu.