The Nyika Plateau is unlike anywhere on the continent. The breath-taking scenery is the main draw, but the wildlife-watching is also good with over 100 mammals hiding in the hills. It’s a completely different safari experience to any you will have had before, with game drives, walking safaris, mountain bike adventures and horseback safaris. End your route with some time on Lake Malawi's Dombwe Island; a tranquil hideaway, there are plenty of activities both above and below the water to enjoy.
Things to Consider
Can start any day
Can be customized
Suitable for solo travelers
Min age of
* Only transfers and game drives at private camps are shared with others
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Madidi Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near LilongweBreakfast Included
2-4Chelinda Camp Mid-range lodge inside Nyika NPAll Meals Included
5-7Domwe Island Mid-range tented camp in or near DomweMeals at Own Expense
8End of tour (No accommodation)Meals at Own Expense
- This tour is offered by Timbuktu, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Timbuktu.