If you’re looking for a safari with a difference and one that’s a little off the beaten track, this route is for you. The focus is Nkhotakota, a rugged forest reserve on the shores of Lake Malawi. It’s remained largely off the tourist radar until very recently and even now only has one small lodge. After this hop over to Lake Malawi for a few days of relaxation. Here you can guarantee days spent snorkelling in the gin-clear waters, a spot of beach lounging, and sunset sails (cocktail mandatory).
This luxury tour uses lodges and hotels.
This tour will be run exclusively for you. Transfers and game drives at private camps will be shared.
Can start any day
If availability permits, this tour can start on any day.
Can be customized
You can request changes to this tour.
Suitable for solo travelers
Solo travelers can book this private tour.
Minimum age of 12 years
The minimum age for this tour is 12 years.
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Latitude 13 Luxury hotel in or near LilongweBreakfast Included
2-4Tongole Wilderness Lodge Luxury lodge inside Nkhotakota WRAll Meals Included
5-8Kaya Mawa Luxury lodge in or near Likoma Island (Lake Malawi)All Meals Included
9End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Timbuktu, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Timbuktu.