Your first stop on this route to find Madagascar’s eccentric creatures is Andasibe and the stars of the show are the 12 species of charismatic lemur, including the eery indri. After a quick stopover in Tana, it is time to step away from the beaten track in the Fort Dauphin region. We recommend venturing inland to the spiny forests and exotic flora of Mandrare for lemurs and sifakas, and remote Manafiafy for mangrove explorations and sunset walks along empty beaches.
Things to Consider
Can start any day
Can be customized
Suitable for solo travelers
Min age of
* Only transfers and game drives at private camps are shared with others
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1-2Vakona Forest Lodge Luxury lodge bordering Andasibe-Mantadia without fencesAll Meals Included
3Relais Des Plateaux Luxury hotel in or near AntananarivoBreakfast Included
4-8Mandrare River Camp Luxury lodge in or near Fort DauphinAll Meals Included
9End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast Included
- This tour is offered by Timbuktu, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Timbuktu.