Journey to the heart of Ethiopia’s historical past and discover Ethiopia’s unique culture Soak in Ethiopia's rich and fascinating history on this 5 night, 6 day tour of the ancient kingdoms and Lake Tana. Your tour of Africa's only unconquered state will include the famous rock-hewn churches of Lalibela, the ancient kingdom of Axum, the 'Camelot of Africa' at Gondar, and the magnificent Lake Tana.
Things to Consider
Can start any day
Can be customized
Not for solo travelers
Min age of
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Yared Zema International Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near AxumAll Meals Included
2-3Sora Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near LalibelaAll Meals Included
4Mayleko Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near GondarAll Meals Included
5Kuriftu Resort Mid-range resort in or near Bahir DarAll Meals Included
6End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Shadows of Africa, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- Rates include a fixed budget for flights during this tour. Flights may cost more, depending on travel dates. If so, your quote will reflect this.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Shadows of Africa.