Volcanoes National Park is the Rwanda section of the more extended Virunga Conservation Area shared between Uganda, Rwanda and Congo DRC. It is named after the chain of nine volcanoes which make its territory, including Karisimbi (4.507 m), Visoke, Sabinyo, Muhavura. The altitude ranges from 2400 m to the 4.000 and above of the peaks. You can visit the families of the endangered golden monkeys. Mount Visoke hosts the tombs of the American primatologist Dian Fossey and of the gorilla cemetery.
Things to Consider
Can start any day
Can be customized
Suitable for solo travelers
Min age of
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Flame Tree Village Hotel Mid-range hotel in or near KigaliBreakfast Included
2Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near the parkAll Meals Included
3Le Bambou Gorilla Lodge Mid-range lodge just outside Volcanoes NPAll Meals Included
4End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Soul of Tanzania, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.