Trek the gorillas and hike to Dian Fossy's grave. This is at the Karisoke Research Centre on the slopes of the Bisoke Volcano where she spent close to 20 years habituating, studying, and conserving the endangered mountain gorillas. She was murdered on the 27th of December 1985 at the Karisoke Research Centre and buried near Digit, her favourite gorilla. This excursion is an incredible experience and very inspiring to learn about someone so dedicated to her work.
Things to Consider
Can depart any day
Can be customized
Suitable for solo travelers
Min age of
Activities & Transportation
Accommodation & Meals
Additional accommodation before and at the end of the tour can be arranged for an extra cost
1Mountain Gorilla View Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near KinigiAll Meals Included
2Mountain Gorilla View Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near Virunga MountainsAll Meals Included
3Mountain Gorilla View Lodge Mid-range lodge in or near Mt BisokeAll Meals Included
4End of tour (No accommodation)Breakfast & Lunch Included
- This tour is offered by Safarihub, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.
- This tour is subject to the terms & conditions of Safarihub.