Reviews

5.0/5

Magdalena and Rafal   –
Germany DE
Visited: September 2022 Reviewed: Oct 9, 2022

Email Magdalena and Rafal  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Fantastic wildlife experience without hustle

We had a fantastic time with Tony Mobile Safaris and we recommend this operator without hesitation. The guide, Jack, was very experienced and knowledgable, he knew how to track animals, genuinely wanted to show us as much as possible, knew about photography and how to park the car for the best possible lighting and pictures. Bongo and D, the team managing the camps and food were going out of their way to make things as comfortable as possible for us. The food was great, there were always vegetables and even dessert, incredible what one can do in such basic conditions.

The tour was very well organized and we had incredible wildlife sightings. Jack knew all the spots and tailored the game drives to us. The final excursion, the cruise on the Chobe river, highly exceeded our expectations - instead of bing put on a big loud party boat, which we expected, we used a tiny one owned by Tony and had a real game drive - Jack made sure we have time to see all the birds, crocs, hippos etc. that we came across.

The only wrinkle was communication before the safari - we would have liked the salespeople to be more active. We needed to ask for updates about our payments although they said they would let us know as soon as they receive the money. At one point we got a bit nervous, but in the end all worked out - trust these guys and enjoy your safari.

Kasey   –
Visited: June 2022 Reviewed: Aug 12, 2022

Email Kasey  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

10/10 recommend Tony Mobile Safari if you are planning a trip to Botswana!

Tony is so knowledgeable on the areas to go and knows exactly how to get you to see all of the amazing animals Botswana has to offer (lions, elephants, giraffes, hippos, hyenas, zebras) and so much more! Tony’s team goes above and beyond to make your experience wonderful. His crew sets up camp with comfortable beds/tents/toilets/showers. They make the most incredible home made food over the campfire for breakfast & dinner; and pack delicious lunches while you are out on your safari for the day. The entire team at Tony Mobile Safari’s makes you feel welcome and at home. My mom and I did an 11 day safari, and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Erica   –
Canada CA
Visited: May 2022 Reviewed: Jun 2, 2022

Email Erica  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

UNFORGETTABLE AND REMARKABLE EXPERIENCE OF A LIFETIME

Look no further and book with Tony! My husband and I did a 6 day Safari with him and from the moment we started to plan our trip, he was honest, quick and easy to communicate with on whatsapp, and accommodating. When we got to meet him on the trip, we also saw his sense of humor, his passion for what he does, and also how committed he is to giving you the best trip without hustle. There were two staff (Ben and Bongo) that would always set up the campsite and prepare the meals, and the variety and quality of the food was very impressive. They were also very kind and sweet individuals. We saw a ton of animals, learned a lot from Tony, and would highly recommend using him; you won't regret it!!!!

Mark Holdefehr   –
France FR
Visited: April 2022 Reviewed: May 18, 2022

Email Mark Holdefehr  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Tony and his team offer the best experience

I've done two trips with Tony, and I can say that it's on the last trip where they shined the most. Weather is weather, and we had a couple days of very bad weather (very heavy rain) - and it's in these moments that you can either see the best or the worst from people.

Tony and his team worked miracles to make it easy for us and most of all enjoyable.

Tony loves what he does, knows the terrain so well (having done this since he was a kid), and always wants to "go see what we can see before it sees us" :)

oliver neuwirth   –
Israel IL
Visited: April 2022 Reviewed: May 3, 2022

Email oliver neuwirth  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

tony is perfect

we engoyed graet safari twice with tony, once for 5 days end second for 6 day. evrything was more then perfect. sure recomended !!!!
The experience with Tony is a unique experience, Tony has A lot of experience and he is a very very professional guide. tony makes sure that your experience on the safari will be unforgettable. The camping conditions are very convenient, the food is great. Tony always makes sure the atmosphere during the safari will be great. We got the impression that Tony was much more professional than other instructors we met along the way by far.

Thank you so much Tony for a wonderful trip

Lin   –
China CN
Visited: August 2021 Reviewed: Oct 18, 2021

Email Lin  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

11 Days on an unforgettable safari with Tony

One month ago, my friends and I returned from a 11-day trip with Tony Mobile Safari. I've been on a few safaris, and Tony is definitely the best guide I've been with. He really knows his wildlife, has great patience, and does everything to please.

He has a great team who are attentive to service, keeping a comfortable camp with great food. Tony is also a great guy with a good sense of humor :)

Okavango Delta, khwai, Savuti and Chobe. A lot of wildlife, beautifuls landscape, a lot of meat lovers, a good staff and Tony our excellent guide and driver, always well positioned for photos and more.....

I highly recommend Tony Mobile Safaris !

Ron Brown   –
Visited: July 2021 Reviewed: Jul 27, 2021

Email Ron Brown  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Best trip I have ever taken!

I want to offer my most sincere thanks to Tony and his company. I have been to 27 countries and have never been treated better than on this excursion. The attention to detail, the professional expertise the personalities of the guide and support staff was simply outstanding. My guide PK was a great guide and better person. He had an amazing ability to find and get close to the wildlife we were able to observe 27 species of up close. We saw lions mating. Giraffes fighting and a lion, jackals and vultures devour a Cape buffalo! Ronnie and Deshou kept our camps in tremendous condition and the food was fantastic! I give my highest rating to this company. Thank you all for the adventure of a lifetime! Ron Brown

Wen   –
Visited: July 2021 Reviewed: Jul 16, 2021

Email Wen  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Fantastic experience + phenomenal guide and team

Tony Mobile Safaris is an experienced and reliable tour operator that ensures your safari experience goes without a hitch. They truly live up to their motto "Have a safari without the hustle." We went on a 7-day safari with them during a time when border crossings were uncertain and COVID testing / protocols were in full force. Everything from pre-booking communications, trip arrangements, border crossings, and testing were expertly handled by Tony and team.

In addition, our guide PK was a phenomenal teacher who helped us learn about the flora and fauna during our trip, patiently answering our many questions. PK’s respect for nature and passion for lifelong learning was incredible, and his experience in the field (along with some good luck) enabled us to see a wide variety of fauna both common and elusive (e.g., lion cubs eating a boar, leopards) while also respecting the animals and their habitat. Most importantly (to us), we felt safe and had a great time during the trip with PK and the camp team.

All-in-all, Tony, PK, and the Tony Mobile Safari team provided a true once-in-a-lifetime experience in Africa and we would highly recommend booking your safari adventure with them.

Jacqueline   –
Visited: February 2020 Reviewed: Feb 15, 2020

Email Jacqueline  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Tony and his team did their best to ensure my travel partner and I were comfortable at all times!

The food and accommodation on this mobile safari exceeded my expectations. Tony makes a lot of jokes, but is well educated on current political and cultural affairs and how they effect the natural environment. Tony is quick to reply in English via WhatsApp and email. The safaro was truly unforgettable.

Arne   –
Germany DE
Visited: January 2020 Reviewed: Jan 28, 2020

Email Arne  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Fair price for the full experience!

Probably the most amazing week of my life!

About safari in Botswana: it is a bit more expensive than e.g. Kenya but therefor you are not one of a billion vehicles surrounding the animals. I really appreciated the sustainable way they are dealing with the animals and the tourism.

Animals: we saw maybe a hundred giraffes, up to 200 elephants, 25 lions, ... all of them with babies, never would have dreamed of seeing so many! Note: we were in rainy season, you can google the differences.

About Tony / our guide:
Besides Tony there is another guide in the company called Vincent who was responsible for us. He was able to tell a lot about animal behavior, made us feel safe and it was always a laugh. Really cool guy, I really liked him!

Price:
Compared to staying in lodges (excluding those with privates reserves which are way in a different price league) you will see the same animals as everyone is doing their game drives in the same area of the park. The reason his offers are much cheaper is (as far as I can guess) due to being camping instead of staying at a fancy lodge. I didn’t mind it in any way as it made the trip so much more intense.

Staying in the bush:
For the camping we did go for the ‘luxury version’ which allows you to go toilet at night and gives you more time to relax. The latter was appreciated by all of us due to having to take in all the impressions.
The food was basic but well prepared. So there is nothing wrong with some good Spaghetti Bolognese, most food was actually really good.
The car was in a very good condition. I think up to 5-6 persons per car is comfortable, though Vincent said they usually don’t take more than 5 anyway.

5.0/5

Disclaimer

• All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Tony Mobile Safari, not SafariBookings