Reviews

Erin   –
Visited: January 2022 Reviewed: Jan 31, 2022

Email Erin  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

EDDIE IS THE BEST!!! Literally such an integral part in making this the best trip ever.

Honestly, do this trip. Freka made it so easy to book and select the activities and lodging experience we were looking for, we though it was almost too good to be true. But once we touched down in Uganda, we got Eddie as our guide and he handled everything and made this trip absolutely amazing! We went to see gorillas as our main reason for flying to Uganda, but some of the other activities that were included with Freka tours that weren't top of our priority list became our favorites, like visiting the villages in some of the areas we stayed. I mean from magical sightings of animals, amazing lodges and hosts and guides, and then the moving experience of getting to know people in different villages and learn their way of life just made this trip unforgettable. I am recommending everyone use Freka and visit Uganda -- it was the most beautiful place on earth!

Robbie Damico   –
Visited: January 2020 Reviewed: Jun 30, 2020

Email Robbie Damico  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Akagera - Exceeded my expectations.

Before visiting here, I had read that, this was a small park and the wildlife population was recovering and so I didn't expect so much but I would say It's not something like this,,,saw many animals as we did. We did one game drive and a boat safari and it wasn't disappointed any. Our short time there limited us to visit a short part of the park so we weren't able to fully explore the area but were delighted that on a short drive we saw an elephant, giraffes, zebras, impalas, hippos, a crocodile, antelope, baboons, monkeys, several birds and water buffalo and even a few others,,,.. I am forgetting. The boat safari was also a pleasant and relaxing surprise and afforded us to come up close views of hippos, crocs, and water buffalo along with some great bird viewing. This was my first safari so I don't have much else to compare it to but everything this company made for this tour was perfert and I came away satisfied wishing we had more time to visit up to the northern section of the park in hopes of seeing the lions and rhinos.

Ramiro Johnson   –
Germany DE
Visited: December 2019 Reviewed: Jun 25, 2020

Email Ramiro Johnson  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Had amazing Mountain Gorilla trip with Freka African Holidays

Freka African Holidays through Josephine, Booked my Trip December last Year and everything from Lodging to transportation, my safari Dreams were achieved and his Personality made me enjoy every spot of my Safari.
The time which we had with watching the Gorillas is the best thing that has ever happened to my life. Now, Uganda has increased Gorilla Permit Fees and thus I recommend you to book your gorillas tour with Josephine of Freka African Holidays, they always had a good offered price for tour. Search for it and you shall never regret your decision. As per my experience, Bwindi is the best place for hiking and encounter with gorillas.

Maurice Bray   –
Visited: December 2019 Reviewed: Jun 25, 2020

Email Maurice Bray  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Had amazing Mountain Gorilla trip with Freka African Holidays.

Matthew Maris   –
Visited: January 2020 Reviewed: Jun 23, 2020

Email Matthew Maris  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Akagera with Freka African Holidays and Ronald !!

We recently had a trip to Akagera NP in January 2020, I was fortunate to be in with the company of very experienced guide. I was with a group of 8 perple traveling in comfortable vehicles with oened tops. My guide is a cheerful and informative gentleman named Ronald. Also had a driver of our vehicle and he is a guy with all wonderful manner. During the 2 hour journey from Kigali to our destination, Ronal kept us informed on how the day would going to be, patiently answering all of our questions. During the six hour drive through the park, he proved to be an enthusiastic and excellent wildlife spotter, as we encountered baboons, impalas, velvet monkeys, waterbuck, several types of birds, and best of all—a stand of elephants. Ronald is having a rich source of information on the animals,diversity and history of the park. There wasn’t a single question he couldn’t answer and thus I recommend him for any safari tour. I believe Akagera is a must when you visit Rwanda.

John Griffith   –
Visited: January 2020 Reviewed: Jun 21, 2020

Email John Griffith  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

A very pleasant and memorable trip... Made us feel at home and welcome.

An excellent company to book your tour with. From the minute we were picked up from the airport till the end of our tour. The whole company could not do enough for our memorable trip. We came to Uganda after a long time and a lot has changed. Everyone made us welcome .The guide /driver "Tomson" is an excellent ambassador for the company. Josephine and his team in the office were very professional. I can not fault anything organised by them.
A highly recommended company to book your tour with.
Well done and a big thanksto you all. Hoping to come back soon.

Roy Brown   –
Visited: January 2020 Reviewed: Jun 19, 2020

Email Roy Brown  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

A very pleasant and memorable trip... Made us feel at home and welcome.

A highly recommended company to book your tour with.
Well done and a big thanksto you all. Hoping to come back soon.

Linda Pardee   –
Visited: March 2020 Reviewed: Jun 16, 2020

Email Linda Pardee  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

An Experience like no other.

What can I say about this? While trekking, you trudge through mud, climb up or down very challenging terrain, you sweat, you slip, you fall and then finally you come upon your destination point. Your first silverback and it's all is forgotten as you sit down and observe these magnificent creatures up close, with no barriers between you.
This is not for everybody, but if you are in reasonable shape and health and love nature, this is experiences you like no other and I highly recommend it. Also recommand this tour company and my guide Tomson.

James   –
Visited: February 2019 Reviewed: Jun 4, 2020

Email James  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

A great way to see and connect with Uganda.

We chose Freka African Holidays because we wanted to use a local Ugandan company. Our safari was everything we had hoped for in terms of the extraordinary parks, the wildlife and the lodges. But what made the trip for us was our guide Ronald who was a genuine and enthusiastic local host. Everywhere we went, we met people who knew and liked him - hotel staff, rangers and other guides - and in each case his contacts added something new to our trip. Josephine in the office was clear and helpful as we planned our trip, communication was good and everything went precisely to plan. We will sure travel with Freka African Holidays again.

Mary wil   –
Visited: January 2020 Reviewed: Jun 3, 2020

Email Mary wil  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Perfectly planned and organized tour.

That’s an absolutely wonderful experience with Freka company and thumbs up to their accommodation. Uganda is a fantastic country with a wide diversity of nature, where you can have great opportunity to see different environment, landscape and amazing wildlife. The driver/guide from their side was professional to his work and also very friendly in nature with informative. The safari tour that we have been unbelievable and well organized. If you are vegetarian, then Food can be sometimes a little boring but in general its good.Marry

5.0/5

Disclaimer

• All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Freka African Holidays, not SafariBookings