Overview – Uganda
Uganda is a great destination to experience wildlife viewing in both forest and savannah. Not to be missed is gorilla tracking in Bwindi; while chimps can easily be spotted in Kibale National Park. Queen Elizabeth and Murchison Falls national parks offer wonderful savannah safaris with good wildlife viewing, but animals are not as abundant compared to the top parks of Kenya and Tanzania.
Pros and Cons
- One of the very few places to see endangered mountain gorillas
- Combine primate viewing with a classic savannah safari
- Good balance between vehicle, boat and walking activities
- Excellent birding
- Scenic beauty
- Young, relatively inexperienced tourist industry
Premier Parks and Reserves
- Bwindi Impenetrable NP - Gorilla tracking
- Kibale NP - Chimpanzee tracking
- Murchison Falls NP - Boat and classic safari
- Queen Elizabeth NP - Boat and classic safari
- All 10 Uganda Parks & Reserves
Want to Visit Uganda?
Uganda Safari Reviews
- Expert Rating
- Bush Vibe
- User Rating
- Bush Vibe
Most Helpful Expert Review
Tim is a travel writer who has covered 10 African countries for Lonely Planet's Africa, East Africa and West Africa guidebooks.
Add gorillas to your safari
Let’s be clear right up front. Because Uganda’s parks suffered such a massive poaching scourge during the turbulent 1980s it is a second tier safari destination in comparison to its neighbors Kenya and Tanzania. Though that does not...
Latest User Review
Had a wonderful time, had a great guide and enjoyed the sights.
Meet at the airport by my guide Apolo. Was very well taken care of. The lodging was adequate and the food. Was very good. Everyone at resort was very accommodating. Got to see lots of wildlife but missed seeing any lions. Taken back to...