Arusha National Park- Overview Arusha Safaris
About Arusha National Park
Though very accessible, Arusha NP isn't on many safari itineraries. This is mainly because it doesn't offer a chance of seeing the Big Five. The park is at the base of Mount Meru, which is good for climbing. It has a range of habitats including forest - home to black-and-white colobus monkeys - and is excellent for birding.
- Very scenic with different habitats, including forest
- Views of Mount Kilimanjaro
- Excellent birding with about 400 species, including forest birds
- Close to Arusha and accessible for a day trip
- Canoeing safari is offered
- Off the beaten track and not crowded
- Most of the major safari animals aren't present or aren't easily seen
Game viewing in Arusha NP is more low-key than in the other parks in Northern Tanzania. Animals that are easily seen include buffalo, giraffe and several antelope species. More exciting are the black-and-white colobus monkeys that live in the forest, and the large number of bird species. Several lakes often host flocks of flamingos.
More about Arusha NP's wildlife
The park's appeal is mainly its scenery. The habitat diversity spans from montane rainforest to moist savannah to alpine moorland. The most prominent landmark is Mount Meru. Other highlights are a massive extinct volcano and several scenic lakes, with Mount Kilimanjaro in the background on a clear day.Want to visit Arusha?
Safari Reviews- Arusha
Arusha is a lovely half day spent before starting safari. This is only park in Tanzania to see the beautiful bkack and white Colobus Monkey.
All 58 user reviews