Weather & Climate – Kwando
Climate Chart Kwando Concession – 934-1,024m / 3,064-3,360ft
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
Visitors to Kwando Concession will experience warm to hot weather, as well as a distinct Dry and Wet season. Don’t forget to pack warm clothing for early morning game drives and boat trips.
Dry season –April to October
The last showers of the Wet season typically fall in April. June and July are the coolest months. Temperatures start climbing in August, peaking in October.
- April & May – At the beginning of the Dry season, the vegetation is still green. The middle of the day can still be hot – temperatures up to 29°C/84°F are not uncommon.
- June, July & August – It hardly ever rains in the heart of the Dry season. Afternoon temperatures reach a very pleasant 26°C/79°F on average. Early mornings are nippy, however, with temperatures struggling to get above 7°C/45°F.
- September & October – The end of the Dry season sees temperatures on the rise before the rains break. October is scorching with average, afternoon temperatures of 35°C/95°F. Nights and mornings are much better.
Wet season –November to March
It immediately cools down a bit after the first rains, and the dust settles. Afternoon thunderstorms and short showers are typical, although normally it won’t rain all day. Afternoon temperatures average 32°C/90°F throughout the Wet season.
- November & December – Temperatures tend to build before the rain and drop afterward, but rainfall is sporadic. It is hot and mostly sunny. At around 19°C/65°F, the early mornings are the most comfortable time of the day.
- January & February – Not many afternoons miss out on the rain. These are the wettest months – but it is normally over in a few hours. Heavy storms are common.
- March – The rains are diminishing. Expect rainfall every couple of days – usually in the form of a storm. Mornings are a bit cooler at 18°C/64°F.