User Reviews – Lake Nakuru NP

Not much wild life but was surprised to see a Lion with a kill and the a lone White Rhino being guarded by two rangers. As we were leaving the park what a surprised to be chased by a Rhino - that was the biggest highlight for me. Sad we could not see the famous Flamingo's as our timing was not the best.

An excellent combination of birdlife and big wildlife especially the rhino's!

Lake Nakuru is an excellent combination of 'normal' wildlife, special birdlife and the rhino's. Scenery up was beautifull, you could see how pelicans are fishing together in a circle. Accomodation in both lodges was OK. Our guide was kind and knew a lot.

Nakuru - Pretty. Pink. Perfect.

Lake Nakuru National Park is one of my favourite parks in Kenya. It offers so much variation on so little space.
One of the remarkable things with this park is the flamingos. The shore of the lake is often completly pink with tens of thounsands flamingos. When you get up in the highlands and look down on the shore, you see how numerous they are. Incredible!

I also like the variations in the landscapes of the park. From deep forest to the big lake, and also savannah.

Perfect park. HIGHLY reccomended

This is the best place to visit to see Flamingos in the Lake and known for white rhinos and tree climbing Lions.

Nakuru is quite a small park, but the lake is quite nice and there are plenty of rhinos, some lions and the occasional leopard. The water level of the lake has risen quite which has deducted the number of flamingos.

Supports a large number of pelicans and many other species of bird life. Not the best place to visit if you only wish to see large game.

The only thing that shocked me about the area is how filthy with garbage (plastic especially) just outside the park entrance. I cannot believe the people just throw this on the ground- and near a National Park. Absolutely astounding to see that locals abuse their own gorgeous country. That stuck in my mind forever- in a park in Canada it would be difficult to find even one scrap of garbage anywhere- I will never take this for granted again.

High water levels have caused the flamingos to leave. This is not worth visiting at present.

High lake levels for the past 2 years have caused the flamingos to leave. Waterbuck, zebra, baboon, and other common wildlife remain, but don't go expecting to see the flamingo flock.

The rare white and Black Rhino and Flamingos

Rhinos were the first endangered species before the elephants.here we saw both the black & the white rhino, flamingos paradise,nature untamed !

Safari before dinner was awesome. We saw 3 lionesses with 5 cubs eating a warthog

The only leopard I have ever seen was in this park. Diversity of wildlife and habitat. Flamingos and rhino numbers were sufficient.

• 4.4/5