Reviews

United Kingdom UK
Visited: December 2022 Reviewed: Nov 1, 2023

Email Gaby  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Excellent

Our safari trip with Goldfinch Adventures was one of the best we have ever been on. Deo, our tour operator, was very accommodating and customized the itinerary multiple times to fit our needs. We saw amazing animals, from elephants in Tarangire to lions in the Serengeti. Deo even helped us to include a chimp trekking tour in Mahale. Our guide, James, was knowledgeable and knew exactly where to go to see the best animals. We truly had a great time!

Lizzy   –
Tanzania TZ
Visited: April 2023 Reviewed: Sep 4, 2023

Email Lizzy  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

A Memorable Safari with My Family!

My husband, daughter, and I had a truly great time on our last family safari vacation. Unlike how most people do their safaris, we decided to start ours in the afternoon and drove to Lake Manyara National Park for an evening game drive. The park was just so quiet and beautiful. Our driver (Collins) even drove us to the hot springs because it was something I really wanted to see.

After the game drive, we headed to Karatu and lodged at Farm of Dreams. The lodge was nice and cozy. Delicious food. Friendly staff. Just the perfect place to relax and unwind from a safari. My daughter even made new friends for the short time we spent in the lodge.

At 5:30 am the next day, we headed to Ngorongoro for an early morning game drive, as Deo suggested. Well, he was right. We got to see loads of animals, but the highlight of our trip to this park was when Collins got a hint from his fellow guide, who had spotted a rhino. He then rushed to that exact location, and OMG, that was the best safari moment EVER!

After all that game driving in the crater, we had brunch and headed back to Farm of Dreams, where we spent the rest of the day swimming and just having a great time. I even got to become friends with the lodge manager and owner (Irene); she’s just amazing!

We then checked out the following afternoon and slowly drove to Tarangire National Park for our last holiday game drive. Now, this park is so special to me. It brought back memories of when I was a little girl and how my dad used to drive us there. I even remember getting chased by a bull elephant on one occasion (one of the scariest days of my life)! Men, Tarangire will always be a special place for me.

After our evening game drive, we headed to Arusha and ended our almost 3-day safari.

Thank you, Deo, Collins, and all the Goldfinch Adventures family, for making this holiday special, magical, and memorable for my husband, daughter, and me.

Looking forward to the next one

Nicole   –
Germany DE
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Mar 11, 2024

Email Nicole  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

PERFECT safari with Goldfinch Adventure!

Because we just wanted to go on a short safari (only two days with one overnight stay), Goldfinch Adventures made an individual offer for us. We discussed our wishes in advance (length of stay, transfer, desire for a small and individual lodge, etc.).
We received a detailed offer that immediately convinced us. Until the start of our trip, Goldfinch Adventures was always available for answering our questions. The journey (transfer from our hotel in Paje and flight to Arusha) went smoothly (small tip: choose a seat on the right side of the plane for a beautiful view of Mount Kilimanjaro). In Arusha we were warmly welcomed by our contact person Deo and our driver Omari and we started our safari experience with an extremely good feeling. Omari was the perfect companion for us, he has an extremely good eye and discovered the animals much earlier than we did, approached the animals in a respectful manner and we received a lot of information about the wildlife and the surrounding area. On the first day we stopped in Tarangire National Park around midday and had a great, warm local lunch with drinks (nicely set with a tablecloth etc.). Deo had chosen a perfect lodge for us: small, right on Lake Manyara, high-quality - an absolute dream with great food! Our second day took us to the Ngorongoro Conservation Area with the Ngorongoro Crater. Another very special experience with Omari at our side. We saw all animals we dreamed of - even a rhinoceros. We were able to get very close to many animals.
When it was time to say goodbye to Omari at the airport, we met Deo again, who helped with check-in and accompanied us till security check.
I can highly recommend Goldfinch Adventures. Planning, safari experience and - not to forget - the people working at this company are simply fantastic!

Nikola   –
Bulgaria BG
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Feb 24, 2024

Email Nikola  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Best oranization for awesome experience

Goldfinch Adventures were very responsive and professional when I was looking for a safari adventure. The whole communication went smooth and I was calm about transfers and accomodations. Our only job was to enjoy the magnificant and rich experience on those magical grounds.

Mwanila   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: January 2023 Reviewed: Sep 14, 2023

Email Mwanila  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

3 Perfect Safari Days

A stress-free experience. Breath-taking scenery of the Ngorongoro Crater ridge. Beautiful animals roam freely in the wild… zebras, lions, elephants, and a lot more! Perfect accommodations at a “more-than-fair” price! We’ll never forget this trip.

Addo Emanuel   –
Turkey TR
Visited: January 2023 Reviewed: Sep 4, 2023

Email Addo Emanuel  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

perfect and well organized

My friends and I booked a hike up Mt. Kilimanjaro and Safari with Goldfinch Adventures. Best decision ever! We reached out to Deo during the planning phase and he was quick to reply to all the questions that we had. He even took us out for dinner the first day we arrived and that made us feel welcomed in a foreign country, far away from home.

KILIMANJARO
We hiked Kilimanjaro via the Machame route as Deo recommended. Our guides Steve and Ben were so patient and encouraging with us throughout the hike. It was physically and mentally challenging, but they made it enjoyable by making us laugh and checking our health. “Pole pole” they said. Word of advice? Stay hydrated, eat well, sleep, wear sunscreen, pee, and be prepared for any weather. Our porters were also awesome; we couldn’t have done it without them.

SAFARI
On the day of our safari, Deo met us in the morning and introduced us to our safari guide, Samuel. Samuel was very knowledgeable about the animals and the nature, and he always gave us plenty of time to stop for pictures.
We were lucky enough to see all of the Big Five animals on our 4-day safari. The safari Jeep was comfortable, and the top popped open so we could get a better view. We even managed to squeeze in a nap sometimes!
I would highly recommend this safari to anyone looking for an unforgettable wildlife experience.

Chacha   –
Tanzania TZ
Visited: June 2023 Reviewed: Sep 4, 2023

Email Chacha  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: over 5 safaris

Amazing Safari

Goldfinch Adventures made all the arrangements for our safari, and everything went smoothly. Our guide, James, was fantastic. He was knowledgeable about the animals and the area, and he was very patient with us. We were able to see all of the animals we wanted to see. Book with this company, you won’t regret it.

Ben   –
Canada CA
Visited: April 2024 Reviewed: May 10, 2024

Email Ben  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

An unforgettable 4-day group safari

We went on a 4-day safari adventure with Goldfinch Adventures starting from Zanzibar, initially as a group of five friends. Our guide, Omari, picked us at the airport and introduced us to the safari world right away. Despite the troubles of camping in Tarangire, Serengeti, and Ngorongoro, where it rained on several nights, we were comfortable and well taken care of. Every meal, prepared by our very own chef Richard, was a delicious. Our friend recommended this great company to us and it was undoubtedly one of the best experiences of our lives. We would eagerly book with Goldfinch Adventures over and over again.

July   –
Canada CA
Visited: April 2024 Reviewed: May 8, 2024

Email July  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Great Safari, Great Company!

Our 4-day camping safari was nothing short of spectacular. Guided by Omari, we encountered a stunning large number of elephants, lions, zebras and many others up close. The service throughout the trip was top-notch, from the delicious meals to the seamless handling of every detail, even when faced with unexpected challenges. Five stars to Goldfinch Adventures!

Nassib   –
Visited: April 2024 Reviewed: Apr 20, 2024

Email Nassib  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Top notch

This safari trip, hotel, and nature of Arusha and Kilimanjaro experience was truly extraordinary. We left feeling enriched and inspired. Thank you Goldfinch

5.0/5

Disclaimer

• All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Goldfinch Adventures, not SafariBookings
  • The tours offered by Goldfinch Adventures are subject to their terms & conditions