Overview – Tanzania
Tanzania has three safari circuits, and each one of them, in its own right, would make Tanzania a top wildlife destination. The popular Northern circuit with the Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater offers one of the best classical safaris in Africa, especially if timed with the annual wildebeest migration.
Pros and Cons
- Superb wildlife viewing, including the annual wildebeest migration in the Serengeti
- Off-the-beaten-track safaris in Selous and Ruaha parks
- Several wildlife viewing circuits for repeat visits
- Best chimp tracking in Africa in Gombe and Mahale Mountains
- Beach holiday extensions in Zanzibar
- Traditional indigenous cultures
- Too many highlights to fit in one safari
Premier Parks and Reserves
- Serengeti – Classic safari
- Ngorongoro – Classic safari
- Lake Manyara – Classic safari
- Tarangire – Classic safari
- Selous – Classic safari
- Ruaha – Classic safari
- Gombe – Chimpanzee tracking
- Katavi – Classic safari
- All 13 Tanzania Parks & Reserves
Want to Visit Tanzania?
Tanzania Safari Reviews
- Expert Rating
- Bush Vibe
- User Rating
- Bush Vibe
Most Helpful Expert Review
Tim is a travel writer who has covered 10 African countries for Lonely Planet's Africa, East Africa and West Africa guidebooks.
Crowded Favorites and Well-Kept Secrets
Tanzania is home to Serengeti National Park and Ngorongoro Crater; and this fact alone makes a solid case for declaring it Africa’s best safari country. But, of course, there’s much more that just these two places. Most visitors stick...
Latest User Review
Beautyful senic and an impressiv wildlife. Kilimanjaro is a memorable experience. I am very exited.
The wildlife was really exiting. I saw many animals in the nature. I also climbed the Kilimanjaro. This was one of my best experiences I ever did so far. It is really impressive and also a real test for your body and mental skill. I really...