​User Reviews – Samburu NR

Troy   –
Nepal NP
Visited: December 2018 Reviewed: Jan 8, 2019

Email Troy  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

We saw elephants, giraffe, zebra, impala, gazelles, lots of birds, and luckily a leopard very close up. The Shaba hotel is just next to the river and was very serene and lovely.

Luanne   –
Visited: August 2018 Reviewed: Nov 1, 2018

Email Luanne  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

This was the first park we encountered on the road and it was so exciting to see giraffes all taking a drink in the river, elephants munching on leaves, zebras and crocodiles along the shore by our hotel.

Claudia   –
Visited: September 2018 Reviewed: Oct 1, 2018

Email Claudia  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

This was our first park and we saw so many animals. (I didn't even know there were different kinds of zebras.) Our game lodge was on the river so we could watch the crocodiles, elephants and birds hanging out and fishing. This was my second favorite park because of the number of animals.

Dan   –
Visited: July 2018 Reviewed: Aug 12, 2018

Email Dan  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Samburu was such a different place than the other parks in Kenya. It is warmer here but the wildlife was incredible there is quite a variety of wildlife. It was a unique experience. The birding was good but there are better places-- Lake Nakuru. The Samburu tribesmen were very interesting to see. The park is very nice and we would return here in the future.

TR   –
Visited: June 2018 Reviewed: Aug 11, 2018

Email TR  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Easy access to animals. Only place we saw Leopard, narrow stripe Zebra and Riticulated and Rothchild Giraffe

Gillian Ashworth & Hugh Epsom   –
Spain ES
Visited: July 2018 Reviewed: Jul 27, 2018

Email Gillian Ashworth & Hugh Epsom

Another excellent safari in a new [to me] park

Elephant Bedroom lived up to its name as ele's munched outside our tent. Also saw herds of 25 and 60+ ele's which, after sniffing us, walked calmly past. About 50 walked past each lunchtime on the other side of the river. Leopard in a tree was a plus, but pity we missed the cheetah. Grevy zebra, reticulated giraffes, large herds of oryx, rare Somali ostrich, usual gazelles including dik dik, plus gerenuk, warthogs etc. and plenty of birds, too. The well-appointed tents were very comfortable, gourmet food, staff friendly and our driver, Julius, was excellent, managing to find a lioness and three cubs before anyone else did! The only negative: the weather was cooler than expected/usual with a pesky strong wind.

Mr Alun Pritchard   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: February 2018 Reviewed: Mar 19, 2018

Email Mr Alun Pritchard  |  65+ years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

A rugged beauty - a sense of the wild.

Em   –
Australia AU
Visited: September 2017 Reviewed: Sep 29, 2017

Email Em  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Great diversity of wildlife and ecosystems. Could have spent longer than our 2 days here. So much to see.

Gavin Rowley   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: September 2016 Reviewed: Oct 2, 2016

Email Gavin Rowley  |  50-65 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Unforgettable experience

Congratulations has to be given to my guide, Steven from Rhino Safari, he was very knowledgable, helpful, accommodating and took care of us. I wanted to see a Leopard and he delivered! He went above and beyond my expectations.

Samburu was, in my opinion, the ultimate all round intimate safari experience. For example staying near the river, the game drives in Buffalo Springs. I preferred Samburu to the Masai Mara as it was more personal towards the animals.

The food was excellent, I actually returned from Safari heavier! The local people cannot do enough for you.

Overall I would highly recommend going to Kenya and in particular Samburu. Africa is a beautiful country with beautiful wildlife and people. I feel very fortunate to have experienced this in my lifetime.

Ludoc007   –
Malaysia MY
Visited: June 2016 Reviewed: Jul 1, 2016

Email Ludoc007

Small but very interesting birding and wildlife destination

Wild life was plentiful and within easy reach . Birding was very good