Malaria & Vaccinations – South Africa
The information on this page is just a brief guide and should not be used as a replacement for a consultation with your travel doctor. The government organizations and travel clinics below are trusted resources for complete and up-to-date info about travelers' health in South Africa.
Recommended; see websites below for more detailed immunization advice.
Most of the country is free of malaria, but the main wildlife area lies in a moderate-risk zone, including Kruger NP and all other Lowveld reserves in Mpumalanga. The KwaZulu-Natal parks lie in a low-risk zone. The highest risk of transition is in the rainy season from October to May. See websites below for more detailed advice.
- Australia – www.travelclinic.com.au
- Canada – iamat.org - Vaccinations / Malaria
- Ireland – www.tmb.ie
- New Zealand – iamat.org - Vaccinations / Malaria
- United Kingdom – www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk
- United States – wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel