User Reviews – Damaraland

Namibia is more than a safari. I think I would still recommend east Africa for first timers. But Namibia was varied and amazing.

First time in our lives we met and spoke with authentic local tribes (herero people, damara people and the himba). We had an opportunity to buy something very african from them, some items made with their own hands and by doing so support their communities.

Very beautiful scenery. Sightings of elephant and giraffe. Interesting culture e.g. living museum

Stunning scenery. The highlights for many would be tracking the Desert Adapted Elephants (or rhino); taking a scenic flight down to the Skeleton Coast ... or visting a Himba village.

Damaraland is very interesting culturally as you can learn about the Damara people and how they lived. There are also beautiful landscapes, the Grootberg plateau being one of the highlights on my trip. There is also some wildlife, however relatively scarce due to the dry terrain.

We saw the Black Rhinos in wild, absolute amazing. Landscape is great.

The lodges (Hobatare & Grootberg) are extremely well run and not overdone. The guides were very knowledgeable and personable. Had my first experiences with lions and a white rhino on these tours.

Drier and more desolate area but offered interesting historical sites to visit such as the World Heritage site at Twyfelfontein and the Petrified Forrest.

Gorgeous landscapes!!! I never saw the desert elephants, but saw signs of them. Someday I hope to return!

A spectacular setting to Mowani Camp and such interesting interaction with the Damara at their museum, as well as seeing the rock art at Twyfelfontein. The desert elephants were such a highlight

• 4.4/5