• Explore deep into the Rwandan countryside
• Sight over 20 of the 40 species of birds living here
• If you’re lucky, spot a family of spotted necked otters
• Learn about rural African life as you quietly pass by
• On clear days see all five of the Rwandan Virunga Volcanoes
• Peacefully relax as you gently float downstream
The start is a 15 minute transfer from central Musanze. Here your activity leader will give you a briefing on the riverside before you get on the water. The first section is a flat and easy opportunity to learn how to steer your canoe as you float gently downstream. After about 20-30 minutes you will pull over for a short additional briefing about the small rapid, where helmets must be worn. Then as you continue deep into the countryside, you are surrounded by the sights and sounds of rural Rwanda.
It takes about 20 minutes to drive back to Musanze and a further 15 minutes to Kinigi.
Note: meeting point is at Crema caffe in Musanze town.
- Main Destination:
- Musanze (City)
- No accommodation (End of tour)
- Meals & Drinks:
Interested in This Tour?
Your request will be sent directly to the operator
If preferred, you can contact the operator directlyNext: Request a Quote