Weather & Climate – Gonarezhou NP
Climate Chart Gonarezhou National Park – 165-530m / 541-1,793ft
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
Gonarezhou’s climate is warm. The most temperate months are September to March, while May through August tends to be cold. April to October (the Dry season) is characterized by cloudless skies and plenty of sunshine. November to March (the Wet season) brings afternoon storms, which are usually followed by sun. It can also rain lightly over several days. Winter (the Dry season) and summer (the Wet season) happen at opposite times as in Europe and North America.
Dry season –April to October – Winter
- April – The Wet season comes to an end. Rains are still possible but become fewer and farther between. Temperatures begin to cool, particularly at night.
- May, June, July & August – This is winter and the coldest time, with August warming a bit. During the day, temperatures are around 27°C/81°F, with it getting cold at night – around 11°C/52°F. Bring enough warm clothing for game drives early in the morning.
- September & October – It remains dry most of the time, although the end of October brings the first rains, which are a relief. Days are hot with temperatures of over 31°C/88°F. Morning game drives tend to be warmer.
Wet season –November to March – Summer
- November – Although rains don't come every day, the Wet season has begun.
- December, January & February – These are the months of the most rain. Rain is common most days (usually in the form of afternoon showers). However, it can also drizzle continuously for a couple of days. Daytime temperatures average 33°C/91°F while nighttime and early mornings average 20°C/68°F.
- March – The end of the Wet season comes and the rains diminish. Temperatures average between 31°C/88°F and 19°C/66°F during the day and night, respectively.