Malaria & Vaccinations – Malawi
The information on this page is just a general guide and should not replace a consultation with your doctor or a travel clinic well in advance of your trip. The government organizations and clinics below are trusted resources for complete and up-to-date info regarding travelers’ health in Malawi. It is recommended that you have a test for bilharzia, which can be transmitted by snails in Lake Malawi, six weeks after your trip. The disease is easily treated once diagnosed.
Recommended; see websites below for more detailed immunization advice.
High risk throughout the country. The highest risk of transmittal is in the rainy season, from November to April. See websites below for more detailed advice.
- Australia – www.travelclinic.com.au
- Canada – iamat.org - Vaccinations / Malaria
- Ireland – www.tmb.ie
- New Zealand – iamat.org - Vaccinations / Malaria
- United Kingdom – www.fitfortravel.scot.nhs.uk
- United States – wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel