Weather & Climate – Manyeleti GR
Climate Chart Manyeleti Game Reserve – 361-466m / 1,184-1,529ft
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
Winter and summer in Manyeleti are opposite to those seasons in Europe and North America. Winter (May to September) brings the Dry season, while summer (October to April) brings the Wet season. Summer months are hot and humid, and winters are mild and dry. During the winter months it cools down considerably at night and warm clothing for early morning and night game drives is advisable. Afternoon thundershowers should be expected during the Wet season, but it rarely rains all day.
Dry season –May to September – Winter
Virtually no rain occurs during the entire winter, and there is very low humidity. Permanent water sources are attractive to animals because water is scarce elsewhere.
- May – This month is transitional, marking the end of summer. Temperatures cool to 12°C/54°F during the morning and 26°C/79°F in the afternoon.
- June, July & August – Packing warm clothing is recommended as morning game drives in open vehicles will be cold. Morning temperatures average 10°C/50°F. Daytime temperatures are usually pleasant (25°C/77°F) with cloud-free skies.
- September – The first rains bring relief from the very dry conditions as heat builds to around 28°C/82°F. Morning temperatures are warmer, at around 14°C/57°F.
Wet season –October to April – Summer
The summer can be uncomfortably hot and humid. Daytime temperatures frequently peak to well over 40°C/104°F, but average around 31°C/88°F. Humidity is high and afternoon storms are common, although it seldom rains all day.
- October & November – Rains come more often, mostly in the afternoon, and it gets warmer. Average temperatures range from 17°C/63°F in the morning to 30°C/86°F in the afternoon.
- December, January & February – These months are the hottest and wettest due to the high humidity and torrential downpours occurring in the afternoon. Temperatures can become hard to bear, as they soar to 40°C/104°F. Average temperatures are usually around 31°C/88°F.
- March & April – Rain decreases, and it slowly cools down. This trend continues in April and days are clear and sunny with little humidity. Nights are a bit cooler, but still temperate at 16°C/61°F. Daytime temperatures are around 28°C/82°F.