It was Amazing. I have seen Lion from so near which was an adventure for me.

Everything was good.

Our Guide was having fully knowledge about the park which made our trip easy.

A lot of wildlife for such a small park, but also a lot of tourists.

Amazing wildlife experience right on the edge of the big city

My wife and I went on a ten-day safari to Kenya and northern Tanzania in September 2019. We visited the Masai Mara, Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, Lake Manyara, and Tanagire and Amboseli National Parks. The adventure involved a lot of sitting in safari vehicles, but the trip was amazing overall. Upon returning, I realized that perhaps the smartest thing we did in planning the journey was to start by visiting Nairobi National Park, just outside Nairobi itself. This is a small but amazing preserve in which we saw an impressive variety of wildlife and birds in just a few hours. It was the only place we saw a rhinoceros during the entire trip, and we also saw lions, zebras, impalas, hartebeest, vervet monkeys, baboons, giraffes, buffalo, warthogs, Ostriches, Little bee-eaters, White- bellied bustards, and a huge variety of other birds. There are no elephants in this park, but that is hardly a major issue in light of how many animals do live within the reserve. There was a "hippo pond" that comprised perhaps the highlight of the park. There we saw birds galore, including Malechite kingfisher, Sacred ibis, Blacksmith lapwing, Black-winged stilt, and African fish eagle, as well as a large monitor lizard and of course, hippos. The park is relatively small, and our driver gave us what seemed like a complete tour within a couple of hours.

The entrance to the park is a little intimidating, as there are armed guards and, as is typical of Nairobi generally, a high degree of security. Since we were with a professional guide, however, we were able to just hang back and let him take care of the payment, paperwork, and direction. Overall, the Nairobi National Park proved an amazing place to spend an afternoon, and I recommend it to anyone visiting Nairobi or beginning a safari in that city.

Overall it is nice, if you just have a short time, this is the best place you have to visit .

Very difficult to spot animals

You see always the city in the background

good place for birding near Nairobi

I saw more animals here than on the other safaris, including lions, rhinos, a hippo, crocodiles, impalas, gazelles, giraffes, warthogs, buffalo, storks, cranes... While not as pretty as other locations, the backdrop of Nairobi city is interesting, and it is easy to get to this park, and still leave time in a day for visiting some other location in Nairobi.

Great start! We just loved it as a first approach to wild life.

If you are in Nairobi and do not have a chance to go on a safari this is a must.

• 4.0/5