This Tour Is Offered by Home To Africa Tours and Travel
Home To Africa Tours and Travel
- Office In:
- 10-20 employees (Founded in 2012)
- Member Of:
- ASTA, APTA & AUTO
- Tour Types:
- Custom budget & mid-range tours that can start every day
Home To Africa Tours and Travel Ltd is a registered tour & travel company with the Head Office in Kampala, Uganda. We are experts in tailored safaris in East Africa and have unmatched knowledge of the major destinations in the region. Our passion and understanding of the region make us unique. We are professional members of: American Society Of Travel Agents (ASTA), Association of Uganda Tour Operators (AUTO) and The Association for the Promotion of Tourism to Africa (APTA). At Home To Africa, We Treasure Your Fond Memory.
Kareem and Home to Africa delivered a perfect trip!
Our safari exceeded all expectations. Kareem, our driver/guide, has years of experience and knows his way around the parks. He was an impeccable driver, always punctual, professional and friendly. The accommodations HTA set up were in line with what we expected - most importantly the beds were comfortable, bathrooms clean, large and functional and the views -- well each place we stayed was unique and amazing.
Everything I expect from a Safari Tour
We did a five day tour through Queen Elizabeth, Bwindi Impenetrable Forest and to Lake Buyonyi with Home to Africa Tours and Travel. The whole trip was everything and more we had expected! The guide was fun and had a thorough knowledge about Uganda, the national parks, history, and wildlife. He had more than 10 years experience as a guide and that was good for us. The lodges we stayed in where amazing! Great food, amazing locations and very comfortable. The tour included several game drives (elephants, buffalows, pumbas, hippos, and even lions!), a boat tour, hike to the gorillas (our main reason for doing the whole tour) and a relaxing evening on late Buyonyi. It was our first time in Uganda and the first time on safari and we got everything we could have hoped for. That the car broke down in at one point was just a minor set back and part of the whole experience. Our guide reacted quickly and we got an alternative car.
The prize we paid and the service we received were in a great balance. We can't imagine how paying more could give more! Our guide gave us so many recommendations for other tours he usually does that we are convinced that we will come again.
The best way to see Uganda!
We did the 11-Day Wildlife Safari (inc. Gorilla and Chimp Trekking) and this all inclusive trip was simply awesome!
From the efficient (email response within hours), friendly (from emails between Hedmond and Elias to Karim, our conservation guide / driver and by the end of the trip, a great friend) and simply wonderful accommodation throughout our trip, I would recommend Home to Africa to show you the best of Uganda. Hands down.
Our itinerary took us to
- Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary: we spotted around 8 rhinos, including a baby. Robert our tracker was knowledgeable and passionate. We had a delicious lunch there too.
- Murchison Falls NP: we saw a leopard, elephants, giraffe, lions, buffalo, the rare shoebill (!), hippos, crocodiles and some amazing birds too. Going on Game Drives with Karim was wonderful. Murchison Falls was probably our fave Park - variety (jungle, river and Savannah). Also did the river cruise which was great too.
- Kibale Forest National Park: we tracked chimps here. Our ranger Aisha was awesome - we Watched around 8 chimps that were in a tree (a couple of babies too). Plus followed another chimp on foot - phew.
- Queen Elizabeth NP: another Game Drive where we saw lions hunting (well, trying to hunt a kob), elephants, bush bucks, buffaloes and a river cruise along Kazinga Channel (amazing birds, including the Fish Eagle, hippos and a herd of elephants playing on the river bank). Our accommodation was AMAZING!
- Bwindi NP: the gorillas. The. Gorillas. We were one of the lucky ones - it only took us 45 mins to get to the gorillas. This experience was simply amazing.
- Lake Bunyonyi: great spot to chill out, but also watch birds (Weaver birds to the Ugandan national bird, the Crested Crane). The lake is stunning (and safe the swim!).
- Lake Mburo NP: the new animal we saw were zebra. Including a poor Impala that was mourning the death of its baby.
We booked our trip around 3 months before. Between building / personalising our itinerary, then confirming, then organising payment it was around 2 weeks.
As you would expect, some of our first options for accommodation were booked, but Home to Africa found some AMAZING replacements. The worst of the accommodation was the first night in Entebbe (our first option was booked out, and Home to Africa did give us an option to change but we decided to stick with their recommendation). Also, we were only in Entebbe for 1 night (maybe 15 hours max) in the scheme of things, really nothing major. Every other accommodation was perfect. Our accommodation ranged from lodges and ‘tented’ rooms with all rooms having their own bathrooms with hot showers too.
The Home to Africa team:
- Hedmond and Elias communicated clearly, responded to emails fast (within hours - Australia time) and provided some great tips to help with packing too.
- Karim, our amazing guide. He is the best guide and amazing driver. He greeted us at Entebbe Airport, and at the end dropped us off at our Entebbe accommodation we booked separately. Some of those roads he had to navigate - gosh! I never once felt unsafe. Karim is thoughtful, personable, knowledgeable, funny, connected and respected amongst the tourism community on the ground. It was wonderful seeing and experiencing Uganda through his eyes - the animals, the birds to daily farming life. Karim stayed in most of the same lodges as we did and we ate most meals together - whether debriefing on what we saw / experienced that day over dinner to briefing us on what to wear the next day (eg. The gorilla trek is tomorrow, wear this and that). Thank YOU Karim. You really made our holiday the best we have ever had!
What are you waiting for!? If you’re planning a trip to Uganda, book it through Home to Africa. You won’t regret it!
Our experience with Home to Africa has been great! We did a 9 days safari and everything was as planned. Not only we didn’t have any inconvenince, but also everything was greater than we expected!
These are private tours were you travel alone with your guide!
The hotels were incredible with a spectacular view from the room, great food, perfect acomodation… some of them had swimming pool and you could see the NP from there.
The hotels were also cozy but not eccentric, with all the facilities but sustanaible and respectful with the place you are, just what we were looking for!
But the best of the trip has been our guide Derik. It has been a pleasure to travel with him and he really did an effort for making us see everything we could! We had a really good experience with the lions and he let us watch the animals until we said it was ok! Also you could see he was a very experienced guide and he knows everyone wherever you go!
Hope to see you soon!
The trip was amazing,
The allocated guide is a good person and very helpful
The accommodations were OK and each has its strong point, some of them were awesome as Lake Bunyonyi. Rock Resort
There they have prepare the arrangement for my wife's birthday, was a nice surprise
During the trip we were not able to spot the Leopards and to increase the possibility to see this amazing feline we have requested a change in our tour. After we have explained our wishes the tour operator did all the needed arrangements. And we saw the LEOPARD.
In my opinion the tour operators can propose some improvement at the customer proposal, we don't know all the nice places in Uganda
- This tour is offered by Home To Africa Tours and Travel, not SafariBookings.
- This operator reserves the right to change rates advertised on SafariBookings.
- If you request changes to this tour, the advertised rate will likely change.
- If an accommodation is fully booked, the operator will suggest a comparable alternative.
- The exact order, content and rate of this tour is subject to availability.
- Gorilla tracking permits are subject to availability.