At Go Self-Drive Tours we all have one thing in common: the love for new and exciting destinations. Established in 2006, we have ample experience in knowing where new or recurrent travellers to southern Africa want to spend their precious time and understand the importance of making the most of every destination. Southern Africa has so much to offer any kind of traveller –the list of destinations and experiences is truly endless. This is why it is so easy to be passionate about what we offer our clients! Our tour designers have many years of experience personally travelling the country and compiling self-drive itineraries. Our office is based in the scenic town of Knysna in the heart of the Garden Route, South Africa (we love meeting our clients if they are passing). If possible, we usually meet up with our clients in Knysna on their Garden Route self-drive tour, but we are also experts in designing a South African self-drive trip anywhere else in the region.
How to Book
– Enquire here for a quote or contact us via our website.
– Once we receive your enquiry, we design a custom-made tour plan based on your specifications, interests, ideas and preferred areas of travel in southern Africa.
– We then compile a tour proposal and make changes if necessary until you are 100% satisfied.
– A short itinerary will follow with specific information such as your car rental (from our own fleet or trusted partner, Bidvest Car Hire), accommodation details and activities.
– On acceptance of the final quote, we confirm all reservations and start compiling your travel package.
– You then receive you travel package which will help you prepare for your southern African road trip. Included is your detailed self-drive itinerary, directions, maps, booking vouchers, area information, local tips, optional activities as well as recommended restaurants. This information will guide you from one town to the next and to your accommodation establishments.
– We also include information based on your specific interests such as wildlife, golf, walking paths, hiking, diving, canoeing, deep sea fishing, hot air ballooning, game drives, abseiling, quad biking, sandboarding, surfing, kite surfing, horse riding, shark cage diving, architecture or cultural experiences, health spas etc.
– Scheduled half-day and full day guided tours and safaris can also be added to your self-drive tour.
– Half Day & Full Day Guided Tours in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg, Livingstone, Knysna, Windhoek, Mpumalanga and more
– Wineland Tours in Stellenbosch and Franschhoek
– Scheduled Guided Tours from 3 to 16 days all over southern Africa including the Garden Route, KwaZulu-Natal, Kruger National Park and Addo National Park
– Victoria Falls & Botswana Private and Small Group Safaris
– Guided Mozambique Tours
– Surfing tours to Mozambique and the Western Cape
Who Would Benefit?
– International first-timers who do not know where to start planning their southern African holiday.
– Recurring travellers to southern Africa looking for personalised self-drive tours to less-visited or well-known areas in southern Africa.
– Don't have time to surf the internet for hours? Let us do the time-consuming work and tie all the loose ends for your personalised self-drive holiday. All you have to do is book your international flight to and from South Africa.
– Been to South Africa before? Did the one-night stopovers and now know which areas you would like to concentrate on? Let us take you off the beaten track.
– Honeymooners? Concentrate on planning your wedding. Leave the honeymoon tour plan to our experts. A honeymoon tour of the Garden Route is especially recommended.
– Have a special interest? Want to play golf or go on a hike, cycle in the woods, scuba dive dive, canoe on the lakes, do horse- riding on the beach or meditate at a retreat? Looking for an adventure tour such as abseil, bungy jump, treetop canopy swinging or shark cage diving? What about quad biking, sandboarding, surfing or kite surfing?
– In South Africa for a conference or sports event? Why not add an affordable self-drive tour?
– Visiting South Africa to participate in the Comrades, Two Oceans Marathon, the Cape Town Cycle Tour or any sports event? It is the perfect opportunity to rent a car through us and explore other parts of the country.
– Golfers, let us know where you want to travel, how many golf games you want to play, any preferred golf courses in South Africa and any other "must-sees" on your wish list and we will put together a practical tour.