Queen Elizabeth National Park

Sort by: 1-10 of 64 reviews
By Victoria from GermanyDE
| 20-35 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Visited: August 2017  -  Reviewed: 8 Sep 2017

QEO is great for game drives but because of restrictions, it's not always easy to get that close to some of the wildlife. Although a boat ride down the Kazinga Channel is worth the trip alone. There is a real African bush vibe in QEP, and it was here that we stayed in a tent next to the Channel with all the hippos passing through at night. Quite an experience!

By Jeroen from NetherlandsNL
| 35-50 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Visited: May 2017  -  Reviewed: 8 Jun 2017

When you are floating close to the shores of the big lakes you'll see lots of beautiful birds. We saw many elephants, some lions and big number of Uganda cobs. Although the bush vibe and the scenic beauty are a bit less because of the road running through a part of the park.

By Steve Farrington from United KingdomGB
| 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Visited: October 2016  -  Reviewed: 16 Apr 2017

driving through to hippo hill we didn't see much wildlife only a young bull elephant checking us out

We stayed at Hippo Hill campsite, it was very rustic could do with an upgrade on washing facilities. The views from camp were beautiful up close to hippo's in the evening , flamingos on the salt lake in the day. We also went on an amazing boat trip that was organised through one of the parks lodges, it was great for birds with elephants on the banks of the river.

Link to this review 1 person found this review helpful. Did you? Yes | No

By Marijke from BelgiumBE
Visited: February 2017  -  Reviewed: 14 Feb 2017

geweldig

De beste ervaring uit mijn leven.
Zoveel gezien op zo een korte tijd ik heb van ieder seconde en iedere minuut voluit genoten.

By Wil Laarakker "Foundation You4Uganda from NetherlandsNL
| 65 years of age or older | Experience level: over 5 safaris
Visited: July 2016  -  Reviewed: 15 Nov 2016

more than good

Paradijs. you always want to stay longer. A place you want to go back to.

By Alvin B. from United StatesUS
Visited: November 2016  -  Reviewed: 11 Nov 2016

only reviewed the park from my computer,but i certainly recommend a personal visit if possible.

I am a 90 year old male. I am no longer able to get around as I did when I was younger. But what I have seen from my computer has convinced me that I would encourage my friends and relatives to visit Queen Elizabeth
National Park if possible.

Link to this review 1 person found this review helpful. Did you? Yes | No

By Emilie from United StatesUS
| 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Visited: June 2016  -  Reviewed: 14 Oct 2016

Speechless!

This was my first time in Uganda, and I arrived at Queen Elizabeth within days of entering the country. I felt like my brain stopped forming coherent thoughts except thinking "sensory overload" over and over. As my first ever safari experience, I found Queen Elizabeth expansive, especially from the view at Kingfisher Lodge where I stayed. My guide, Herbert, was booked through Moses Tours, and he was so hospitable about showing me all that we could see within a day (that's all the time I had). But, by the end of my one-day safari, I had over 2000 photos of all kinds of wildlife (incl. almost 70 bird species). The only times when I saw a lot of other tourists was when Herbert took me to view a young lion pride and when I boarded a ferry to tour the Kazinga Channel. I had a great time, and my boss told me that any future safaris are going disappoint me after this incredible first experience.

Link to this review 2 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes | No

By JDA-Wildlif from United StatesUS
| 50-65 years of age | Experience level: 2-5 safaris
Visited: May 2016  -  Reviewed: 2 Sep 2016

We enjoyed crossing the equator and look a cruise on the Kazinga channel. The accomadations at Mweya Safari lodge were great - amazing laundry service !!!! Outstanding staff!!! They have a beautiful pool for afternoon swimming and cocktails.

By Divesh from United KingdomGB
| 20-35 years of age | Experience level: first safari
Visited: July 2016  -  Reviewed: 16 Jul 2016

I would return to the southern Ishasha sector even though we didn't see any tree climbing lions as it felt like there was more wildlife in this area. The northern part was less spectacular with the exception of the volcanic lakes.

By Hopkins Charles from United KingdomGB
Visited: June 2016  -  Reviewed: 21 Jun 2016

Queen Elizabeth national park is beautiful

My first time to visit in Uganda and i visited with my daughter to Queen Elizabeth park for 5 days. I visited the kyambura gorge to see the chimpanzee and also the walk in the gorge where we found many birds. This park has about 606 different bird species and very wild selection of animals. Visit it and enjoy everything

SafariBookings Expert Panel

Our panel of 22 experts wrote a total of 969 reviews about the countries and parks we cover.