User Reviews – Queen Elizabeth NP

A crash course in biriding

QENP does have some elephants and cats, but not as many as the bigger parks in East Africa. We were not birders before this trip, but you cannot help to be one here. The diversity is so great, you are sure to find a new bird wherever you look. It is relatively quiet compared to the parks in Tanzania. There are other vehicles, but not as many as you would see in Tanzania.

Beholding groups of lions napping in trees was spectacular!

We stayed at Mbewa Lodge and Ishasha Camp. Highlight of our whole trip was a boat trip on the Kazinga Channel seeing so many water birds and elephants. Tree-climbing lions were amazing in Ishasha

Excellent because of the beauty of the place, the boat safari's and the lions!!!

An interesting park but a little too crowded for my own taste. A nice selection of wild life

Wow, this place was not as expected. A lot less animals than expected and while the boat trip was a different way to do a safari in africa, the commentary while on the boat was a real disappointment.

Game drives in Queen Elizabeth

I spent one day and one night in Queen Elizabeth and did the game drive in Inshasha and one in the north of the park. The scenery was good especially in the south of the park. We saw lots of animals including several close encounters with elephants. Sadly no lions though. I drove my personal car but we picked up an UWA ranger for the game drive. I'm glad we did since he knew the best places to stop which I would have likely passed otherwise. We stayed overnight @theRiver which I definitely recommend. Good food and accommodation. There were not many other tourists around so it felt like we had a lot of the park to ourselves. I went in February which is the dry season and was a nice climate.

We drove through Queen Elizabeth between National Parks and really could not believe the wildlife. I wish we had more time there. We met people who camped there, who really loved their experience.

Very big park, lots of opportunities to spend several days.

Uganda's main safari park. Worth a visit if you are in Uganda, but I think there are better opportunities outside Uganda for big game. They changed the rules recently so drivers get fined if they go off the trails. I appreciate that there is probably an environmental reason for this, but it meant that we didn't get very close to any of the animals

• 4.2/5