Reviews

Austria AT
Visited: May 2024 Reviewed: May 22, 2024

Email Mike Donald  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

An Amazing Safari with Meijo Safaris

We had an excellent safari across Kenya and Tanzanian with Meijo Safaris during the low season and we managed to see all the Big Cats and Big 5 in Masai Mara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro for 12 Days safari.

Everything was well planned, Meijo's team was very active and responsive, both our guides in Kenya and Tanzania were very knowledgeable about nature and their countries.

If you are looking for an affordable African Safaris company with great and 5 star services do not hesitate to book with them.

We are planning to return again for a longer safari with them in Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.

Asante Meijo.

Michael   –
Ireland IE
Visited: May 2024 Reviewed: May 18, 2024

Email Michael  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Very professional company - Michael is the best guide in Zanzibar!

Michael our guide was amazing. He knows where to find all the animals, can spot them from kilometres away and is VERY knowledgeable about the national parks, their history and the animals and vegetation. We travelled during low season and still saw every animal, thanks to Michael. We learned a lot from Michael, including about Tanzanian culture and it’s people. He made our experience very special, we spent one week with him and will remember it forever.

The accommodations during our safari were excellent, as was the communication from Meijo Safaris. The food was great (there was a lot of food!) and it was great to share a delicious meal in the great outdoors every day.

Highly recommend Meijo Safaris. Kudos to Michael for making this such as special trip, the most knowledgeable guide and best driver in Tanzania!!

Eileen   –
Visited: March 2024 Reviewed: Apr 16, 2024

Email Eileen  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: 2-5 safaris

Fantastic Tanzania Safari

My Husband we went on a safari with Meijo Safaris and was an excellent safari from the beginning to the end. it took us 3 months to finalize our itinerary with them, In addition to their in-depth knowledge, we also love that they listen to their clients, take the time to chat about our trip with us as much as we want, and then make suggestions based on what we feel would be best for us. We are also thankful that Daudi is always looking for the best deal that is within our budget and provides the best value for money. We had a an incredible guide, his name is Herman.

There aren’t enough adjectives to describe how amazing Herman is. He’s an exceptional guide. He puts his guests’ safety first. He knows everything there is to know about animals. He has a great personality and an amazing sense of humour! I can’t tell you how many times me and my husband laughed till we cried. I didn’t know what to expect when we set off for Africa. Herman gave us a trip we’ll never forget. I wasn’t expecting to learn so much and broaden my horizons. Thank you so much Herman! The memories we’ll make with you will last a lifetime. You’re one of a kind. We’re looking forward to seeing you in the future.

Meijo Safaris did an outstanding job of planning a trip that meets all of our needs and leaves us very satisfied. Meijo Safaris has my highest recommendation, and I hope they will continue to plan my safaris for many more years to come.

Maria Barmby   –
United Kingdom UK
Visited: March 2024 Reviewed: Apr 9, 2024

Email Maria Barmby  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Trip of a lifetime

Last month me and my husband went on a 3-day safari with Meijo Safaris. Our experience from start to finish was phenomenal and we couldn't have had a better weekend. Our driver, Herman was very friendly, professional, and informative. Our driver knew all the best spots to find the animals which meant we got to see most animals' multiple times. We were in constant ore of the stunning views, nature and all-round experience. The process of booking and organizing the trip was made seamless thanks to Daudi. The safari ran so smoothly and was planned to meet our needs and wishes.
We stayed at Farm of Dream lodges and we couldn't fault them either. Lovely food, clean rooms, and had a slight feel of the Maldives to it.
Most of all, we felt safe at all times and had the best time of our lives.

Alok   –
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Mar 14, 2024

Email Alok  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Caring and professional

We were a group of 2 couples and the company had arranged for the whole vehicle for ourselves. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable, amicable and professional. The tours are very well planned and executed. Rest areas and toilets are conveniently located throughout the park. They will be able to help and even modify the trip based on personal preferences.

Everyone we met were very friendly. Serengeti and the Tanzanian people have left us life time of memories. We would definitely do it again with Meijo safari.

Vidar   –
Norway NO
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Mar 2, 2024

Email Vidar  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Caring and knowledgeable

My family of three went on a six-day safari covering Tarangiri, Ndutu Area, southern and central Serengeti and the Ngorongoro crater. We stayed in lodges and tented camps - one seasonal and two permanent tented camps. All accommodations had their charm and provided great food and service. We particularly appreciated the closeness to nature provided by the tented camps. The itinerary and accommodations were decided and organised in a great way by Daudi.

We had amazing days together with our guide Michael. He made sure we got "first row seats" to all the incredible experiences available, while at the same time being nice and considerate to the animals and other cars. We saw lions fighting, cheetahs hunting and capturing a gazelle, a large flock of wildebeest in motion right next to the car, giraffes, elephants, zebras, rhinos, leopard, hippos, impalas, elands, crocodile, +++. He managed the rough roads in a superb way. We had great talks and got good answers to all our questions. Michael is truly a superb "kinder egg" (three in one) driver, spotter and guide :-)

Both Daudi and Michal showed in a great way that they cared about us and wanted us to have the best experience with the preconditions provided. Thank you!

Aniko   –
Norway NO
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Mar 1, 2024

Email Aniko  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Exceptional and professional

We went on a 5 days- 4 nights mid-range private safari in February with Meijo Safaris, and it was simply amazing. Big thanks for Mr.Juma, for our driver-guide who tried everything to find our favourite animals in the wild and showed us the beauty of this amazing country. He is knowledgeable, patient, and has a sense of humor, positivity and a really kind personality. The communication with Mr Daudi was smooth, and the 0/24 assistance we got was excellent, and we felt safe when my mom got sick. The accommodations were exceptional: first and last night in Farm of dreams, then Kenzan and Matawi. We felt like home in Kenzan, thanks to the staff. Good service in the others too. It was a lifetime experience, with tasty food, amazing wildlife, picturesque landscape, nice people and professionalism from the Meijo-team. It was like a dream, we felt ourselves in a real-time documentary from the first minute to the last. I was skeptical at first when we tried to choose our tour-operator (first time in East-Africa) but it was totally unnecessary, we made the right choice with Meijo.

Anu   –
Visited: January 2024 Reviewed: Feb 29, 2024

Email Anu  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Magical

My dad and I had a wonderful experience with Meijo Safaris during January 2024. We saw so much wildlife- lions, giraffes, elephants, gazelle, zebras, rhinos, wildebeest, and even a leopard in a tree! I loved being able to sleep right inside the Serengeti park. The experience was exciting, but still felt very safe. Our driver Juma was very kind and an experienced guide. We also had a wonderful cultural experience meeting Maasai people at Lake Natron and being welcomed to visit a village. I am so happy that we made this trip. It was a once in a lifetime experience that lived up to our high expectations. Thank you Meijo Safaris!

Tiago Ramalho   –
Portugal PT
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Feb 27, 2024

Email Tiago Ramalho  |  35-50 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Amazing

First safari from my life and it was wonderful.
Meijo take care of everything during the safari, my guide Michael , it was great
I recommend Meijo, for sure I will return and I will do with Meijo. Thank you for everything. Obrigado.

Melissa   –
United Arab Emirates AE
Visited: February 2024 Reviewed: Feb 27, 2024

Email Melissa  |  20-35 years of age  |  Experience level: first safari

Incredible Safari with Meijo Safaris

Me and my family of 6 people booked our 8 days safari with Meijo and we visitied Ndutu Area, Serengeti, Ngorongoro crater, Tarangiri and Lake Eyasi, later on we spent 5 days at Zanzibar under the help of Daudi and his team.
Funny thing is my father's name also is Daud..

Daudi provided lot of informations to us which made is feel like locals, he answered all of our questions and at the end we did a video call with him to makesure he know exactly what he recommended to us and it turned out to be not only he knows about the National Parks but his country in General.
We paid an initial deposit of 30% and after a week he sent us a safari confirmation voucher showing all of the booked lodges and plan.
We arrived at the airport and we get picked by all who drove us to Gran Melia Arusha and after 30 minutes Daudi and his team came to meet us for briefing, we felt so happy.

The Next day our drive Mr Herman (many people in the park calls him SUPER) he is an incredible guide with a huge knowledge on Fauna and Flora, on the second day of our safari we saw all the Big 5, Leopard, Rhino, elephant, Buffalo and Lions.
He drive very carefully and never moved a jeep without asking us if we are satisfied with the photos as one of my brother is a photographer and he was very happy the way Herman finds a good view for him to take pictures.
The Lodges we slept were very clean with delicious meals but i noticed one thing, during the lunch at the picnic sites lots of tourists from other companies had their lunch on boxes bur for is it was different as our lunch was served from the hamper and it was hot all the time also our table was filled with cold beers, Wines and Juices.
The Jeep has electricity ports to judge mobiles and Cameras.

Meijo Safaris provided to us everything we agreed and at the end we felt like we got more than what we expected as the price we paid was very affordable compare to other companies.

We are planning to return to Tanzania next year to do another safari with Meijo and to volunteer in the Maasai Village.

Asante Sana ...

4.9/5

Disclaimer

• All corporate and/or tour info is provided by Meijo Safaris, not SafariBookings
  • The tours offered by Meijo Safaris are subject to their terms & conditions