User Reviews – Ruaha NP

If you want to feel what wild Africa is, here's the place! You will see a lot of wildlife and a few humans. But be aware that it is not an easy park, besause you don't get tips as in other places to find animals, you have to find them by your own. It is then the most rewarding when you are face to face with a leopard!

Amazing, scenic, many animals, silence and nature

This really was the highlight of our trip.....

I had in the Ruaha the best accommodation, the Mwagusi lodge inside the Park with a astonishingly, luxury service.

Outstanding experience. We hardly saw any other 4 x 4's, average was about 1 a day.

Search for Moley

Im looking for a ranger with the name Moley? I hope he is still at Ruaha? Im a friend that worked with him ? Can you please ask him to contact me via mail?
Kind regards
Rudi from Makalali Game reserve?

One can visit Ruaha and Selous in same safari. Both parks are great for lion prides, elephants and Buffalo herds. These parks are overlooked by many, but they offer everything for a great safari without crowds.

A fantastic place!

I have visited four times, in june 2002, in early november 2004 an in january 2009 and 2011.
Honnestly something in me doesn t want to promote this NP so that I can preserve it from increasing tourist pressure... but it deserve to be known for what it is. The scenery is beautifull, at any time of the year, and has a lot of variety. The varied wildlife is present in god numbers but due to the size and in some places, the tickness of the bush, it is not always easy to spot. The park has a lot of lions, antelopes, buffalos, hippos and birdlife. As to elephants, there used to be a lot of them but I am unsure of the present situation since there has been a serious increase in ivory poaching these last years.

I was very impressed at the diverse variety of birds! Amazing!

I had a very nice tented camp, hippo camp, and did a river safari my furst evening. Saw several bird species and hippos from very far off. We artived too late to do any decent daytime photography, which was very disappointing.
My guide was excellent, I went with Bushroutes, excellent service, they really took good care of me.
the food was plentiful and tasty, weather was pretty good and all in all I was very satisfied with my 8-day safari in Ruaha, Mikumi amd Selous.

Ruaha National Park the perfect place to stay in peace with the nature.

I spent 5 nights inside of Ruaha National Park, I have opted to stay in Bandas that for me was the best way to get close with the nature world, just bed and mosquito net, not even a toilet.
Together with the bandas(package), it was a guide and a chef cooking just for me and my wife. The chef, amazing, simple and delicious. The guide, Mansur, best person I have met in Africa.
Wildlife, was enough, we just couldnt see, wildbeasts and rinno, but in Mikumi we saw wildbeast, but rinno just at the north side of tanzania.
Scenery and weather was just amazing, hot but good.