Ruaha National Park- Overview Ruaha Safaris
About Ruaha National Park
Ruaha offers excellent wildlife viewing and is particularly good for spotting predators, including very large prides of lions and the endangered wild dogs. It also has outstanding wilderness appeal, with only a few exclusive luxury camps available.
- Top wildlife viewing in the Dry season
- Guided walks available
- Superb for spotting predators including big prides of lions
- One of the best places in East Africa to encounter wild dogs
- Unusual antelope species like greater kudu, roan and sable antelopes
- Very exclusive and doesn't get crowded
- Relatively remote and there are no budget options
- Animals are scattered during the Wet season and most lodges are closed from March to May
All big cats are regularly seen and wild dogs are the star attraction. They are especially easy to find when denning. Several antelope species that are rare or absent in Northern Tanzania, like greater and lesser kudu, roan and sable antelopes, are often encountered.
More about Ruaha's wildlife
The main feature of the park is the Great Ruaha River, which attracts loads of animals in the Dry season. The dominant vegetation is brachystegia woodland and some areas are dotted with the impressive baobab tree.Want to visit Ruaha?
Safari Reviews- Ruaha
One can visit Ruaha and Selous in same safari. Both parks are great for lion prides, elephants and Buffalo herds. These parks are overlooked by many, but they offer everything for a great safari without crowds.
All 50 user reviews