User Reviews – Tarangire NP

A bit of surprise.
I didn't expected at Tarangire was so good location to spot wildlife.
I knew there are many elephants - and we have seen many.
There were variety of other animals as well, and beautiful scenery - from hills to river banks, pools, plains, bushes etc.

Scenic park with interesting herbivores species, but we did not see any lions in 2 days, so I would not say that lions are common. Baobab trees are a otherworldly sight. I loved this park, if it had more cats I would choose this over Serengeti!

We loved Tarangire park with its baobab trees and many herds of elephants as well as prides of lions. It is much more compact than Serengeti but very scenic.

Small and scenery is just ok

beautiful; lots of elephants, giraffes, zebras, wildebeest, impalas, leopards

Elephants galore and the famous baobab trees.

Amazing to see all those elephants located at the same place. We saw two groups of elephants with more than 15 individuals. Truly amazing.

This Park was very nice and I could have gone through it again. It seems easier to spot animals here

plenty elephants and lions

Tarangire is ideal for elephant lovers. There were several ponds that allowed us to observe them closely and saw they interacted and eventally ran off other animals like zebras as they took control of the water. The rolling hills and abundant woodland of Tarangire are beautiful. If you like the shape of baobab trees, there are so many to be seen here. What we like least about Tanrangire is that there was a kind of insect that bit everything in their paths, including us. Their bites were very irritating and more painful than mosquitoes'. So, please get your strongest insect repellent ready at all times.

• 4.6/5