After university Tim worked as a legislative assistant before quitting capitol life to backpack around West Africa. During this trip both his love affair with Africa (he has since visited 25 countries over the course of eight trips) and the idea of becoming a travel writer/photographer was hatched. He's been at it ever since. His work has included covering 10 African countries (Uganda, Tanzania, Sudan, Sierra Leone, DRC, etc) for Lonely Planet plus writing or updating guidebooks to a variety of other destination including Thailand, Mexico and Minnesota for Lonely Planet and other publishers. As a photographer, he has built up a collection from around the world and is represented by Lonely Planet Images and Stock Connection. The half of the year he isn't shouldering a backpack somewhere for work or pleasure he lives in Khon Kaen, Thailand where he runs the Isan Explorer tour company (www.isanexplorer.com).
Expert Reviews (21) - written by Tim BewerBotswana
- Chobe National Park - - Huge concentrations of large animals, all...
- Country review - - Crowded Favorites and Well-Kept Secrets
- Arusha National Park - - Not ideal for everybody
- Gombe National Park - - Meet the chimpanzees in Jane Goodall’s old...
- Katavi National Park - - One of the best kept secrets in Africa.
- Lake Manyara National Park - - Night drives, bush walks, and dramatic...
- Mahale Mountains National Park - - As remote as it gets in Tanzania
- Ngorongoro Crater - - The best scenery and best chance to see rhinos...
- Serengeti National Park - - As good as it gets
- Tarangire National Park - - Time it right and you can’t go wrong
- Country review - - Add gorillas to your safari
- Budongo Forest - - to habituated chimpanzees, this is an excellent...
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park - - Visit gorillas in one of...
- Katonga Wildlife Reserve - - Not the right place for everybody
- Kibale National Park - - The highest density of primates in Africa
- Kidepo Valley National Park - - Blissfully remote and stunningly...
- Lake Mburo National Park - - The place for zebra
- Mgahinga Gorilla National Park - - The Other Gorilla Park
- Murchison Falls National Park - - Safari along the wild Nile River
- Queen Elizabeth National Park - - Uganda’s best
- Toro-Semliki Wildlife Reserve - - Meet the chimpanzees of the savannah