- You are here:
- Countries & Parks
- Zimbabwe Parks
- Chizarira National Park
- Best Time To Visit
Best Time To Visit – Chizarira NP
Philip has traveled through Zimbabwe several times and is the author of more than 20 guidebooks to various African destinations.
Philip is the Zimbabwe expert for SafariBookings and author of more than 20 guidebooks to Africa.
Philip is our Zimbabwe expert and author of more than 20 guidebooks to Africa.
The middle and end of the Dry season (July to October) is best for viewing wildlife in Chizarira National Park. Wildlife is more easily seen at this time because the vegetation is thinner and animals gather at water sources. Roads can become impassable during the Wet season.
Best Time July to October
High Season June to August (Chizarira never gets busy)
Low Season January to May (The campsites are empty)
Best Weather April to September (Rains are extremely uncommon)
Worst Weather November to March (Wet season)
April to October –Dry Season – Winter
- Animals are easier to spot because they gather around rivers and waterholes and the vegetation is thinner
- Rain is rare – skies are clear and sunny
- The number of mosquitoes decreases, making the malaria risk much less
- It is dusty and dry
- Dust and dryness is common
- It gets cold at night; warm clothes are a necessity for morning game drives
November to March –Wet Season – Summer
- The scenery is green with lush vegetation
- This is the season for migratory birds – birding is at its best
- Road conditions deteriorate
- Wildlife viewing is not as good as during the Dry season
- Afternoons are very hot and humid
Best Time To Go by Major Park