Best Time to Visit – Etosha NP
Etosha is open year-round, but wildlife viewing is at its best during the dry winter months from July to October. Less water is available during this time and the animals tend to gather around the few sources that are available. The Wet season (November to April) is less productive for spotting wildlife because the animals tend to move around more.
May to October –Dry Season - Winter
- Best time for wildlife viewing with large numbers of animals at waterholes.
- Weather is good, although October is very hot.
- July to September is high season and it gets very busy.
- The sky is filled with dust and it can be hazy.
November to April –Wet Season - Summer
- The rainfall comes as a relief, although it rarely rains for long.
- Landscape is attractive and skies are clear.
- Wildlife is in peak condition and plenty of babies can be seen.
- Prime birding during the migrant season.
- Animals are dispersed making viewing difficult.
- It tends to be very hot.
Best Time to Go to Namibia by Major Park
Etosha National ParkJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec