Gombe National Park- Overview Gombe Safaris
About Gombe National Park
Gombe Stream is one of the best places in Africa to track chimpanzees. First researched in the 60's by Jane Goodall, the primates are remarkably habituated. The experience is unforgettable.
- A chance to come face to face with chimps, one of Africa's big apes
- Pristine forest at the shore of Lake Tanganyika
- Watching wildlife on a hike is a nice change from vehicle safaris
- Very exclusive and not crowded
- Difficult to get to and accommodation options are limited
Gombe's chimps are the main attraction, but the park is also home to a troop of habituated olive baboons that can usually be found on the lakeshore. There are several other monkey species present, including red colobus monkeys, which are sometimes hunted by the chimps.
More about Gombe's wildlife
Gombe lies at the shore of Lake Tanganyika. The forest is lush and divided by 13 streams which run down the escarpment to the sandy beach. To swim out and look back at the way the forested slopes climb up the steep escarpment is an unforgettable experience.Want to visit Gombe?
Safari Reviews- Gombe
All 10 user reviews