Weather & Climate – Linyanti
The climate in Linyanti Concession is warm to hot. However, mornings can get very chilly in the Dry season, so pack some warm clothing for early game drives and boat trips. The climate can be broken into two major seasons: the Wet and the Dry.
Climate Chart Linyanti Concession – 934-1,024m / 3,064-3,360ft
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
Dry season –April to October
The coolest months are June and July, although temperatures start to rise in August, and peak in October. April sees the last of the Wet season’s rain.
- April & May – It is mostly dry and sunny from the beginning of the Dry season. The vegetation remains lush. Daytime temperatures climb to 29°C/84°F, so it is hot in the middle of the day.
- June, July & August – These months don’t see much rain at all. Conditions are cooling down, with afternoon temperatures reaching 26°C/79°F, on average. Early mornings have a high chill factor at about 7°C/45°F.
- September & October – These months mark the completion of the Dry season. Until the rains break, it gets hotter and hotter. An afternoon average of 35°C/95°F makes October extremely hot, although it’s pleasant at night and in the morning.
Wet season –November to March
The first rains provide great relief. The pattern is afternoon storms and short showers, although it rarely rains all day. It cools down after the rain, and the dust settles. It remains hot until the end of the season, with afternoon temperatures of about 31°C/88°F. Morning is a pleasant time.
- November & December – It only rains every now and then, and it mostly comes as a relief, usually it is hot and mostly sunny. Early mornings are the best time of day, with average temperatures of around 19°C/65°F.
- January & February – There are showers most afternoons (lasting a few hours) in these months, which are the wettest point of the season. Heavy thunderstorms are common.
- March – It still rains every couple of days, but it mostly comes in the form of a thunderstorm, though overall rainfall is dwindling. Mornings are slightly cooler at 18°C/64°F.