Weather & Climate – Marojejy NP
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of many guidebooks to African destinations, including the Insight guide to Madagascar.
Philip is a renowned Africa expert and author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Philip is the author of the Insight Guide to Madagascar.
Climate Chart Marojejy National Park – 82-2,057m / 269-6,749ft
Marojejy has a wet, tropical climate. Rainfall is high throughout the year. During the warmer time of year, November to April, monsoons from the northwest carry heavy rain and periodic cyclones. During the cooler season of May to October, southeasterly winds bring gentle rain. The temperature doesn’t vary much throughout the year but it can change a lot from day to day. The temperature also decreases at higher altitudes.
Dry season –May to October – Winter
It is cool and less humid than in the Wet season. It still rains regularly but usually in the form of light drizzle. Storms are rare. Daytime temperatures are around 25°C/77°F.
- May – The heavy rains are slowing down and the temperature starts to drop a little. Afternoons are warm with temperatures reaching 26°C/79°F. Evenings and early mornings are cooler with temperatures of around 15°C/59°F.
- June, July, August & September – These are the driest and coolest months, but it can still rain any day. The daytime temperature is 23°C/73°F in August and nights are cold at 12°C/54°F.
- October – It starts to warm up to an average daytime temperature of 25°C/77°F.
Wet season –November to April – Summer
The Wet season months are very humid and warm. It rains a lot and heavy downpours can be expected. Daytime temperatures average 28°C/82°F but peak temperatures can be much higher.
- December – Rain increases in December and so does the humidity. Daytime temperatures are around 28°C/82°F.
- January, February & March – These are the wettest months and the risk of cyclones is high. Rain often comes in the form of torrential downpours.
- April – The heavy rains cease and temperatures drop a little. Daytime temperatures are around 28°C/82°F and at night temperatures hover around 17°C/63°F.