Matusadona National Park- Overview Matusadona Safaris
About Matusadona National Park
Matusadona National Park, on the shore of Lake Kariba, offers excellent wildlife viewing. All of the Big Five are present, including both white and black rhino and Zimbabwe's highest density of lions.
- Excellent wildlife viewing
- Great wildlife diversity including the Big Five and both rhinos
- Excellent birding destination
- Walking, canoe and boat safaris are available.
- Tracking lions and black rhino on foot
- Lots of accommodation options, including house boats
- It gets hot and humid from November to March and there are many mosquitoes
- Not easy to get to by road and 4WD is essential
All of the Big Five are present and quite regularly spotted. The park has a large lion population and prides are often seen on foot. Both black and white rhinos are present, as well. Elephant and buffalo are abundant on the shoreline while the lake is teeming with hippos and crocodiles.
More about Matusadona's wildlife
Matusadona reaches from the southern shore of Lake Kariba up to the rugged Zambezi escarpment. Sunsets over the lake, with the Matusadona Mountains in the background, are spectacular.Want to visit Matusadona?
Safari Reviews- Matusadona
Matusadona is a national park usually accessed by boat or plane. As such, it is a secluded destination where you will enjoy the bush away from any crowd. Its location along lake Kariba makes it a very scenic place, its sunsets over the drowned trees ...
All 6 user reviews