Matusadona National Park- Overview Matusadona Safaris
About Matusadona National Park
Matusadona National Park, on the shore of Lake Kariba, offers excellent wildlife viewing. All of the Big Five are present, including both white and black rhino. Elephant and buffalo are abundant on the lake shore.
- Excellent wildlife viewing
- Great wildlife diversity, including the Big Five and both rhino species
- Excellent birding destination
- Walking, canoe and boat safaris are available.
- Tracking black rhino on foot
- Lots of accommodation options, including house boats
- It gets hot and humid from November to March, and there are many mosquitoes
- Not easy to get to by road, and 4WD is essential
All of the Big Five are present and regularly spotted. Both black and white rhino are present and quite easily seen. The park is well known for its large herds of buffalo that congregate on the lakeshore in the Dry season. There is a good variety of antelope species including waterbuck, sable and roan. The lake is teeming with hippo and crocodile.
More about Matusadona's wildlife
Matusadona reaches from the southern shore of Lake Kariba up to the rugged Zambezi escarpment. Sunsets over the lake, with the mountains in the background, are spectacular.Want to visit Matusadona?
Safari Reviews- Matusadona
Matusadona is a national park usually accessed by boat or plane. As such, it is a secluded destination where you will enjoy the bush away from any crowd. Its location along lake Kariba makes it a very scenic place, its sunsets over the drowned trees ...
All 6 user reviews