Weather & Climate – Moremi GR
Moremi Game Reserve has a climate that is warm to hot. The Dry season runs from April to October and is characterized by cooler, dry conditions. The Wet season, from November to March, receives the majority of the reserve’s rainfall, along with higher temperatures.
Climate Chart Moremi Game Reserve – 935-976M/3,068-3,202Ft
© chart & park data: SafariBookings. © climate grid data: WorldClim project. All rights reserved.
Dry season –April to October
The last precipitation of the Wet season usually falls in April. June and July are the coolest months, but temperatures start rising in August and peak in October.
- April & May – Mostly dry and sunny, this is the start of the Dry season. It is hot in the daytime, with temperatures up to 29°C/84°F. The vegetation in the reserve is still green.
- June, July & August – Rainfall is virtually nonexistent. The temperature has dropped a bit with afternoons reaching 26°C/79°F, on average. Don’t forget to bring warm clothing for morning drives and boat trips – early morning temperatures are only 8°C/46°F.
- September & October – This is the end of the Dry season. The reserve sizzles with heat before the rains arrive. October is usually the hottest month with an average, afternoon temperature of 35°C/95°F. Nights and mornings are pleasant.
Wet season –November to March
It immediately cools down after the rain, and the dust settles. It rarely rains all day. Storms and short showers in the afternoon become the general pattern. It’s hot throughout the season, and afternoon temperatures rise to about 32°C/90°F. Mornings are comfortable.
- November & December – Conditions are hot and mostly sunny with intermittent rainfall. When it does rain, the relief is palpable because temperatures tend to build before precipitation and fall afterward. Early mornings are the most comfortable, with average temperatures around 19°C/65°F.
- January & February – During the wettest months, strong storms are frequent, especially in the afternoon. Rainfall doesn’t usually last more than a few hours.
- March – The rains are tapering off, although it still rains every couple of days. Precipitation is mostly in the form of thunderstorms. Mornings tend to be a little cooler at 18°C/64°F.