Moremi Game Reserve- Overview Moremi Safaris
About Moremi Game Reserve
Moremi Game Reserve is located within the Okavango Delta. This is possibly the most productive area for wildlife viewing within the delta. Aside from the wetlands, it consists of a dry peninsula, which is excellent for classic game-drive safaris (and offers more wildlife sightings than the mokoro trips). All the Big Five are present. The quality of the guiding is superb, and there tends to be as much emphasis on the birds and little creatures as on the flagship species.
- Excellent wildlife viewing with the Big Five present
- Great birding destination, particularly for waterbirds
- Game drives and mokoro trips are available
- A large choice of small exclusive camps
- Mobile camping safaris are possible in part of Moremi
- Lodges are very expensive
- Night drives and walking safaris offered in other parts of the delta are not permitted in Moremi
- Off-road driving – allowed in the private concessions in the delta – is not permitted in Moremi
- Many areas become inaccessible in the wet months, from December to March
Moremi Game Reserve offers exceptional wildlife viewing. Rhino has been successfully reintroduced here, but sightings are still a bit hit-and-miss. The reserve is a major stronghold for wild dogs. Most animals are very relaxed, which ensures quality sightings. Aside from the flagship species, there are large concentrations of red lechwe, impala, blue wildebeest and Burchell's zebra.
More about Moremi's wildlife
Moremi has the best of both worlds within the delta. There are big areas of wetlands with papyrus-lined channels and floating water lilies, perfect for mokoro safaris; and there are big tracts of land used for 4x4 safaris. The area is a mosaic of lagoons and islands, with all kinds of habitats, from grassland to thorn scrub and mopane woodland.Want to visit Moremi?
Safari Reviews- Moremi
Arriving at the gate we were warned that it was very wet in the reserve and that certain tracks were impassable, one of which was the track into the Khwai reserve that we were due to take a few days later. Undaunted we set off and although we did e...
All 56 user reviews